Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clove Brown Maestro 1.6 Automatic.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Jez View Post
    I assume you have 165/80/13 tyres. They do look like huge rubber rings in todays world of low profile tyres. I fitted 175/65/13 to my 1.6HLS many years ago and felt it an improvement in looks and composure on the road. They are slightly lower than the original, so won't help the MPG.
    That will give you a 6% smaller circumference, which will mean your speedo will also read slow by that amount (approx 5mph at 70)
    Club Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)


    1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2011 MINI Countryman Cooper S All4 (Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car


    You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

    Comment


    • #17
      They are actually marked 165/13 which shows their age! I'll probably stick to 80 profile but will see what is around...

      When I was collecting it the garage had an early 60s (50s look) small Rover, the one below the P5. It had 15" tyres on it and they looked like donuts!

      Comment


      • #18
        re maestro auto

        i hope you enjoy your maestro but please check the petrol fuel hoses in the engine bay if looking old replace with new ones.has i lost my car with a engine bay fire i guess it mite have been fuel hose related

        Comment


        • #19
          OK will do - checked and they look ok, Dave.

          I have just tried to start a thread in the "Members Cars" section but it won't let me, though it has let me do one in the "Welcome" section! Anyone know why?! EDIT: It seems you have to be a member of the Club, as I've sent off my membership stuff last week hopefully that will soon be sorted!
          Last edited by Hobby; 15th December 2015, 14:07.

          Comment


          • #20
            175/70/13

            I think I got the numbers wrong this morning. I think they were 175/70/13 that I fitted instead of the original. Still slightly smaller I think.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Hobby View Post
              OK will do - checked and they look ok, Dave.

              I have just tried to start a thread in the "Members Cars" section but it won't let me, though it has let me do one in the "Welcome" section! Anyone know why?! EDIT: It seems you have to be a member of the Club, as I've sent off my membership stuff last week hopefully that will soon be sorted!
              You should be able to post in members section, it's not blocked at all
              1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
              1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
              1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
              2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
              2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

              Comment


              • #22
                I think you can post ok, but not start a new thread.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Hobby View Post
                  I think you can post ok, but not start a new thread.
                  Should say new thread on the top left and is available to all members I think but not sure about non members
                  Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 16th December 2015, 11:05.
                  1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                  1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                  1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                  2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                  2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Hobby, You should be OK now for full access to the members section
                    Club Secretary
                    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)


                    1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
                    2011 MINI Countryman Cooper S All4 (Daily run-around)
                    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car


                    You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Thanks, Pete, I'll do the post tomorrow as I am about to go to work!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X