Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MG Saloon Day - 1 July 2007

MG Saloon Day 2007 is progressing well.

We are currently discussing the layout and therefore knowing the expected sizes of club stands would be of great help.

Please inform the MMOC event coordinator if you are attending, so that they can book the appropriate size stand. (I know it was a bit of a squeeze in 2006)

Pre-paid tickets also get a discount, so if you know you are going, book early. Application forms (in MS Word6) are available via www.mgmgroup.org.uk

regards,
    Patrick

Originally posted by mgmti

Please inform the MMOC event coordinator if you are attending ...
    Cheers Patrick .

Anyone who's interested, send me a PM or email to register that interest .
    Rich Smith

"Joe", aka "The Ryton Express", aka E838 VJO. Peugeot 309SR main car
    "Kryten", aka A560 SCW. Left hand drive MG Maestro 1600 'R' second in command
    "Fleagle", aka F929 NNA. Montego 1.6L saloon stored, status "doubts set in"
    "Cracow", aka CCW 925Y Maestro Vanden Plas - the oldest known to the Club stored, status "will fight another day - eventually"

You can email me here

Comment

Hi

Can I sugest you use the first field for club stands and all the non club visitors can go in the second field but ask the site providers to give the second field a decent grass cut the day before so there isn't lots of tall grass to drive through.

James

Comment

We are planning to use both fields, and yes we are hopefully sorting out the grass in the bottom field.

Is Triple-M booking a stand this year? If so, they need to book it before 1/6/7.

regards,
        Patrick

Comment

Patrick,

I have sent a mail with regards to Triple-M's attendance, and a post requesting 'Display cars' is on the forum.

I hope to confirm our "presence" before the required date.

Mal.

Comment

Malcolm,

Thanks. You should hopefully been sent the info you requested.

regards,
            Patrick

Comment

Thanks Patrick,

Got your mail and will let you know how it go's.

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by talkingcars
                Hi

Can I sugest you use the first field for club stands and all the non club visitors can go in the second field but ask the site providers to give the second field a decent grass cut the day before so there isn't lots of tall grass to drive through.

James
                Plans are underway to make good use of all three fields at the venue. The MG 'M' Group committee will have to mow the lawn so if anyone wants to lend a hand with setting up on Saturday 30th June, please e-mail me - matthewsemple@hotmail.com - anyone that volunteers their time will have their entry refunded. Remember the MG 'M' Group and the Railway are both run by volunteers - so the more you put in, the more you get out.

Comment

Book now for prepaid tickets for MG Saloon Day 2007

Not long now until the discount prepaid ticket offer closes.

If you are coming, remember to get your ticket early and inform Rich etc that you are coming.

I'm sure that MMOC have sorted out a camp-site somewhere for Saturday night.

regards,
                  Patrick

Comment

What's the cut off date?

Comment

MG Saloon Day

Originally posted by ChrisM
                      What's the cut off date?
                      1st June 2007 - which gives us time to bank cheques and then send out the passes to everyone who has pre-booked.

After that date all cars will have to pay the full entry price on the gate. If the MMOC would like a club stand it is essential that it is pre-boooked by this date.

All the forms are here: http://www.mgcars.org.uk/mgm/MGSD2007_Info.htm

If you'd like to pay £6 and get swifter entry to the show, book your car today - don't wait for someone else to do it for you

Comment

Originally posted by matthewsemple
                        Plans are underway to make good use of all three fields at the venue. The MG 'M' Group committee will have to mow the lawn so if anyone wants to lend a hand with setting up on Saturday 30th June, please e-mail me - matthewsemple@hotmail.com - anyone that volunteers their time will have their entry refunded. Remember the MG 'M' Group and the Railway are both run by volunteers - so the more you put in, the more you get out.
                        Mow the lawn?
                        It is a field!
                        You need a tractor and commercial cutter, not a 12" roller!

And doesn't MGSD pay the railway to use the "lawns"?

Comment

MG Saloon Day

Originally posted by talkingcars
                          Mow the lawn?
                          It is a field!
                          You need a tractor and commercial cutter, not a 12" roller!

And doesn't MGSD pay the railway to use the "lawns"?
                          The MG 'M' Group does pay the railway to hire the fields so that we can stage MG Saloon Day. But like I said, The MG 'M' Group and the Railway are both run by volunteers. If the railway does not have enough volunteers that day or they are busy with the trains, someone in the club will cut the grass so it is not too long.

In the meantime it will help enormously if people pre-book their cars which will reduce tha amount of volunteers we need for marshalling:
                          http://www.mgcars.org.uk/mgm/MGSD2007_Info.htm

Thanks, Matthew.

Comment

You can now pay online via http://www.mgcars.org.uk/mgm/MGSD2007_Info.htm

There is a 50p handling charge, but then you don't need to pay for the envelope or stamp etc.

regards,
                            Patrick

Comment

Less than 10 days left to save money on the gate price.

If you know you are coming, suggest you pay online soon.

regards,
                              Patrick

Comment

Working...
                              X