No announcement yet.

MG Saloon Day - 1 July 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had nearly 200 cars on the day. If the weather was better we predicted that it would be 300+.

We are currently looking into another venue for next year that is larger.

Thank you to those who came. Sorry I was too busy to say hello to you all.

regards,
    Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by H48HPE
      Nice to put sme faces to names, i'd definitely go to another one.....
      Likewise Andy, good to meet you!

Comment

Originally posted by mgmti
        We had nearly 200 cars on the day.
        Yep, but most seemed to be Rovers and MG Zeds. I guess that's just the way it's heading with ever-dwindling numbers of MG'M's making the shift over to Zed-predominance an ultimate inevitability

I enjoyed the display of MG ZA/ZBs. I think the show was only missing a Farina Magnette, an MG1600 (A96 BNU was notably missed!) and an MG6R4 to have all the production saloons represented by at least one example.
        Regards
        John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
        MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

John,

Unfortunately, due to the weather, a number of the owners with models that you have mentioned booked but did not turn-up, including an international group B rally spec 6R4.

regards,
          Patrick

Comment

Yep, I can imagine it did put a lot off
            Regards
            John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Originally posted by G51 NAV
              Yep, I can imagine it did put a lot off
              I had quite a few phone calls, messages on my answerphone and e-mails from people saying they weren't going due to the weather.

As I said on the other place, club membership has been rising so I don't subscribe to the sudden decline theory. I'd estimate we would have had another 20-30 MG 'M' cars if the weather had been sunny, based on those who had pre-booked.

Comment

Yeah that would have been nice to see.

It's a pitty something of this scale only happens annually, but I guess it's hard enough and costly enough to organise it for once a year let alone more frequently. Going back to the location issue, if it was bi-annually then one event could perhaps be held appreciably south of Birmingham while the other event could be held appreciably north of Birmingham. As Jon Sellars has said, you would get a core group who would attend both but additionally you'd get some who would attend one and not the other, which would give an interesting variety.

I guess it's one thing me saying all this but making it happen is a different kettle of fish :laugh:
                Regards
                John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

You can find my pictures here:
                  http://www.austin-rover.co.uk/cgi-bi...ic.php?t=10280

Comment

MGSD Review

A review is now on the club website in Past Events under 2007:

www.mgmgroup.org.uk

Comment

• Was another good day despite the weather being a little miserable which likely put some off from coming.
                      Look forward to next year!

Comment

Working...
                      X