No announcement yet.

Insurance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While on the subject of insurance, and i'm sure its been asked beore.... does anyone know of an insurance company that does a blanket cover for all cars owned if you are only going to drive one at a time (you try driving 2 at a time!! )

Best would be Fire & Theft on all, and full cover while driving.
    Neil
    90H Montego 1.6SL (LHD)
    94L Montego 2.0 Countryman TD
    01 MG ZS 180
    97 Nissan Primera 2.0GT
    16' BMW 330d M Sport
    14' BMW X1 25d M Sport
    57' Citroen Dispatch 1.6HDi

Comment

As I come from the biking world, I'm insured with Carole Nash - very well know for insuring motorbibkes and recently started insuring ordinary cars as well, though they've been insuring 'classic' cars for some time.

I don't know whether they will insure more than one car on a policy, but I do know they are one of the few companies that do a multi-bike policy, cos I had one till recently, so it's worth asking about cars.

Carole Nash

All their car policies, same as the bike policies, come with breakdown cover, legal cover, and European cover included. This can save quite a lot overall as the RAC/AA etc are shockingly expensive, and legal cover is well worth having, as I know!

Comment

Insurance

I used to be insured with Carole Nash and they were very competitive for the MG Maestro Turbo. Then one year the sent me a renewal and my premium had gone up by 92%.

When I phoned them to find out why they said that the underwriter had stopped insuring cars built after 1980 as classics - so they put me on a normal policy with no NCB without bothering to find me another classic policy.

I currently have the MG1600 on a normal policy because it was cheaper than any classic policy. I intend to do more shopping around this year and get it back on a classic policy. Lancaster are supposed to be good and Chris Knott offer a discount for MG M Group members (shameless plug).

Comment

I think Lancaster are excellent. I pay about £250 for the Maestro EFi TPFT, £160 fully comp for the minor with my wife as a learner as a named driver, and £130 for the Cortina, also with my wife on!

If any of you have MG Maestros, join the MG Owners Club, because that put my price much lower with Lancaster
          Neil
          -
          Everyone's a salesperson - www.nsales.co.uk

90 MG Maestro EFi
          93 Vauxhall Nova 1.2i Spin

70 Morris Minor "Naomi"
          96 Laguna 2.0 RT
          05 Yamaha Cygnus X

Comment

Insurance

Originally posted by Insurance_shafted
            :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: What really gets me irritated here is that entire county seems to enjoy the benefit of low price motor insurance, yet evidence shows it to be a real hotspot for accidents etc.
            Premiums are weighted for theft on your postcode and accidents on your own personal record. If you live in a crime free area where lots of old people crash that is not going to put up your premium if you have never had an accident.

For if someone crashes into you and it is their fault because they are trying to get a good signal on Radio 4, your premium won't be affected, just their's. However if a local toerag steals your car, you are going to claim on your insurance, not the thief's.

Moral: Move to rural Suffolk or similar, fit an immobiliser, build up your NCB, be over 40 but under 65 and drive a Rover 111i

Comment

Working...
            X