Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police

Originally posted by Ricky
    Matthew - don't think the police were trying to get a glimpse of the digi-dash perhaps? :laugh:
    Yes I thought that. They didn't need to switch on their equipment to see if I was speeding as the huge green digits were visible to them as they peered in through the window.

Comment

£1670.00 i think it was with tesco fully comp.. Or
      £1370.00 3 party fire and theft .

not bad , Huh ?

Thats Drive Way Stored ,
      1000 Miles A Year Max.
      1300 engine
      Unmodified

Not Bad i suppose .. compared to some things ive seen for smaller cars..

Comment

do you mean 1000 or 10,000 miles

I've done twice that milage in a week before now in my maestro!
        www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
        www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
        www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Originally posted by F915-NWC
          £1670.00 i think it was with tesco fully comp.. Or
          £1370.00 3 party fire and theft .

not bad , Huh ?
          You are kidding, aren't you?!
          Neil
          -
          Everyone's a salesperson - www.nsales.co.uk

90 MG Maestro EFi
          93 Vauxhall Nova 1.2i Spin

70 Morris Minor "Naomi"
          96 Laguna 2.0 RT
          05 Yamaha Cygnus X

Comment

Originally posted by F915-NWC
            Thats Drive Way Stored
            I do hope so, Neil...

Try a quote on your dad's insurance, TPFT and put the mileage to about 4,000.

I wouldn't mind if it was £1,500 for my own policy - I'm getting almost double that!
            Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
            VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
            J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

My Brother in insured on my dads insurance on a Rover 100 1.1 p reg, For an extra £20.

I dont know where you lot are ringing to get these massive quotes

The most i have EVER paided for insurance is about £1000, and that was a first time driver, my own insurance (because i wanted to get started on my no claims asap) The car well that was a Rover Metro Quest 1.1 (with some silly modifcations )

Now im down to £530 (Quoted) fully comp and that is on the MG.

You both need to shop around some more really..

Comment

Insurance

My trouble lies with my post code.

I have contemplated a Mini or Ford Kak as they are only group 2, but I still cannot get a quote good enough.

Of course these quotes state I have full license, but it's putting me off even bothering to take lessons/tests now.
                Steve Worsley

Comment

I am absolutely stunned by these prices. The most I ever paid was about £700-ish. I'd been driving for 6 years, but not on my own insurance, so had no no-claims. That was on the MG. I'm now down to £280! Even when I'd just passed my test, I don't know what it was on my Mum's, but I'm sure my Mum would not have insured me on her Nova at those prices!
                  Neil
                  -
                  Everyone's a salesperson - www.nsales.co.uk

90 MG Maestro EFi
                  93 Vauxhall Nova 1.2i Spin

70 Morris Minor "Naomi"
                  96 Laguna 2.0 RT
                  05 Yamaha Cygnus X

Comment

Originally posted by MaestroSpecial
                    My trouble lies with my post code.

Are you sure that Insurance Sharon is not reading your postcode of 'Swinton' as 'Silverstone'? It can be done you know, especially when preoccupied with adorning the nail-varnish! :laugh: Hope you end up with a vaguely reasonable quote, though. The prices mentioned so far seem outrageous. Out of interest what insurance group rating does your Maestro Special qualify for?

Comment

Insurance

Originally posted by Insurance_shafted
                      Are you sure that Insurance Sharon is not reading your postcode of 'Swinton' as 'Silverstone'? It can be done you know, especially when preoccupied with adorning the nail-varnish! :laugh: Hope you end up with a vaguely reasonable quote, though. The prices mentioned so far seem outrageous. Out of interest what insurance group rating does your Maestro Special qualify for?
                      I have been getting internet quotes - they're actually cheaper on there.

I would have thought the insurance group for my car would be about 3/4 - even so it's expensive for me to insure a group 2 car, i.e Ford Kak!

I've just got an online quote from First Alternative, of £724 - but I'm not sure if they can transfer the NCB. Yet to get a phone quote from a company who can do this.
                      Steve Worsley

Comment

Well it is a real surprise to me that a group 3/4 vehicle is getting this sort of quote, even for new drivers. Just an idea, but I found that the on-line insurers were cheaper going back a few years ago, these days the better deals that seem to be via the high-street broker. It probably all depends on the individual circumstances, though.

By the way, why does the Swinton postcode attract higher premiums? It's not Manchester's Chavsville, is it? :toothy:

Comment

Originally posted by Insurance_shafted
                          By the way, why does the Swinton postcode attract higher premiums? It's not Manchester's Chavsville, is it? :toothy:
                          Worse its near Salford
                          Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

And I think that a 1.3 maestro has a higher insurance group than 3/4 I think it is 4/5 if not 5/6
                            www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                            www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                            www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

I think your right, Dan. I think the Maestro 1.3 may even be Group 7.

Comment

Its group 6 for the Special http://www.parkers.co.uk/choosing/in...e/?model_id=66
                                Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X