Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Website / blog to document my restoration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website / blog to document my restoration?

Just looking for some feedback from those on here. My new years resolution is to try and make some decent progress on the turbo this year and document the progress.

I thought I'd try out my severely lacking technical skills and I started a Web page and blog and wanted thoughts on it before I put too much on it in case it's a bad idea.

I've attached a link and would appreciate any feedback or advice on it to see whether I'll update it or delete it.

it's very much a draft just now and I used wordpress as it was free but I can move to a better domain name if I decide to go down this route.

Thanks in advance.

website here

www.mgmaestro108.wordpress.com

Maestro turbo No. 108

Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce Ti (daily driver)(Vesuvio grey)
    Mazda MX5 RF LE (Soul Red)
    Honda CBR 600 FW (weekend toy)

Instagram & Facebook - mgmaestroturbo108

Looks good to me...I might do the same sort of thing having seen yours, be useful being able to look back on what you did & when....

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
      Looks good to me...I might do the same sort of thing having seen yours, be useful being able to look back on what you did & when....
      Thanks ive never tried anything like this before so I'm interested to hear people's thoughts. I'd like to document it somewhere and thought it would be good if others could view it as well.

Maestro turbo No. 108

Comment

Yep, I like it and I can see it would help others who are restoring a turbo.

Comment

Having some sort of progress pictures and story is always good. Tells you how far you've gone in the project, and what's left of course. I put mine on here in the members part as I don't have the knowledge to do a website etc.
          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
          1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
          2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
          2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
          2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
            Having some sort of progress pictures and story is always good. Tells you how far you've gone in the project, and what's left of course. I put mine on here in the members part as I don't have the knowledge to do a website etc.
            Thanks Jeff. I have very limited knowledge hence why I'm looking for some feedback as to the website and how easy it is to use, navigate etc. If there's decent info on it..........

I'm on a couple of forums hence why I thought a Web page might be good rather than a few threads and I could just post brief details in restoration/project threads directing to my website.

On a side note I've been clearing out my eaves today and found an old Polaroid of my original turbo so I'll need to get it up.

Maestro turbo No. 108

Comment

Hi Paul - nice clean look website - 10/10 for effort. You have a good solid base for further updates. I see you have a link to my site - thank you I will do the same as my website is due an update soon. May I suggest you design a banner header for your site - plenty banner maker tools on the net like this one for example http://banner.fotor.com/ that I personally use - and its free! Keep going with it adding content as your restoration progresses.

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Brock View Post
                Hi Paul - nice clean look website - 10/10 for effort. You have a good solid base for further updates. I see you have a link to my site - thank you I will do the same as my website is due an update soon. May I suggest you design a banner header for your site - plenty banner maker tools on the net like this one for example http://banner.fotor.com/ that I personally use - and its free! Keep going with it adding content as your restoration progresses.
                Thanks Mike. I appreciate the advice and it's exactly what I was looking for. I did think it was a bit plain so banner would be good I'll get a look at that site. I gad tried to add a picture banner but I needed something in landscape as it didn't look quite right. Think I'm going to stick with it so any guidance or advice from anyone is much appreciated. Cheers.

Maestro turbo No. 108

Comment

On the whole, its looking very good Paul. I agree with Mike that it needs a banner, and possibly look to change your page background colour. To me, the plain white background looks a bit bare. You could also play around with your text fonts - just ensure that these are not so fancy that the text becomes unreadable!

Its also given me an idea to follow suit. I had been compiling a Word document, with a chapter per restoration stage on my rebuild of #436. Maybe this will be a better route.It will certainly be interesting to see how similar (or different) the rebuild issues are between us all.
                  Membership Secretary
                  Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
                  2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
                  1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

I use https://www.1and1.co.uk/ to host my website that I gladly recommend. You can go the easy route and set up a template type website - or as I did build your own from scratch.

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

Looking great. I am sure that turbo was for sale on eBay around August 2012 just before I got mine.
                      MG Maestro Turbo #500
                      BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
                      Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
                      Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                        Looking great. I am sure that turbo was for sale on eBay around August 2012 just before I got mine.
                        Thanks Andy. Think I'm going to make a few changes after some feedback but think I'll continue it and get it up to date as I've done a fair bit of work on 108.

I bought 108 on here towards the end of 2013 and I'm pretty sure that at least the past three owners were members on here so I'd be surprised. EDIT: you are correct Andy actually found the advert today (5/3) whilst searching for something else. It was on the bay but the owner was a member on here and it didn't sell on the bay think it sold through here.

It wasn't actually for sale when I bought it the owner had contacted me as he knew I was looking. Don't think he's on here now though.
                        Last edited by macca666; 5th March 2017, 13:20.

Maestro turbo No. 108

Comment

Working...
                        X