Turbo Car Mats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo Car Mats

I think I have found a company who could make a full set of reproduction mats at reasonable cost - assuming I could get 6 or more owners willing to buy a set. They will be different to the ones that Matthew Semple produced a while ago, in that the heel pad on the drivers mat will be bonded black plastic rather than a red plastic pad glued to the mat. I am also looking to get the Turbo script applied in red to the rear edge of the drivers mat, again instead of the embriodered badges that Matthew used. If anyone is interested (and these will be suitable for both Maestro and Montego) please let me know. The more sets ordered, the lower the cost.
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

I'd be interested if we could get some ones done for Efi/2.0i owners (using Efi or 2.0i script in place of Turbo)

Andrew

Comment

Would certainly be interested in these mats

Comment

For my Maestro Turbo

Comment

Would these be a replica of the original mats availble from the dealer or a made up design?
          MG Maestro Turbo #500
          BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
          Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
          Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

I would be interested but I would like to see the design first.

Are there any pictures of the mats made by Matthew Semple?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
              Would these be a replica of the original mats availble from the dealer or a made up design?
              Combination of the two is probably the best answer. As soon as I have heard back from the company I am dealing with, I'll post any information here.
              Membership Secretary

Comment

OK thanks. I am provisionally interested. Andy
                MG Maestro Turbo #500
                BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
                Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
                Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

The initial set of mats have arrived. General feeling is that they are of good quality, stitching is sound and visually they look the part. Really like having the Turbo logo facing outwards near the sill. Front mats are supplied with gripper that fixes to the carpet underneath. You get two, so either good fixing for just the drivers mat, or single one for each front mat. Only criticisms are that the rear mats are slightly too long and there is a cutout on the drivers mat at the rear outside edge. I'm guessing these both indicate they are sized more for Montegos than Maestros. The downside (for many I'm sure) is the cost. Its £112.45 + postage. If we can get more than 10 orders, then the cost is reduced to £106.20.
                  Membership Secretary

Comment

Working...
                  X