Montego police car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montego police car

Excellent memory site for Police cars include this Montego https://www.hertspastpolicing.org.uk...ontego-c78-xrw
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Blimey majorly quiet on here. I thought this police website was very good but no responce on here at all.
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 4th December 2020, 14:09.

Comment

It does seem like an interesting site, maybe get more attention now that you've said it twice . Or maybe everyone is trapped in facebook, trying to work out which of the multitude of groups with Maestro or Montego in the name they should join. Thank goodness there is only one forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
        It does seem like an interesting site, maybe get more attention now that you've said it twice . Or maybe everyone is trapped in facebook, trying to work out which of the multitude of groups with Maestro or Montego in the name they should join. Thank goodness there is only one forum!
        I much prefer forums but unfortunately most don't any more.
        As for the many 'I've started yet another maestro montego Facebook group', not interested in those at all. Been invited to many but deleted the invites, I've also left many other ones as that's all you get..... And the adverts of course

Comment

No one comes on here anymore lol
          Sure & steadfast.
          BMC/BL Rally 2008.First prize 1980s onward.
          1988 Montego Estate 1600L Atlantic Blue From new Daily runner
          1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500HL Pagent Blue From new 76.000 milesNow out of Hibination and into Restoration

Comment

Originally posted by TLC View Post
            No one comes on here anymore lol
            I do, and prefer it

Comment

me too...

Comment

And me! I don't always have a lot to say, as I only tend to comment if I think I have something worthwhile to add. Unlike Farcebook, where most just seem to crave 'Likes' for everything they post.

At least on here, it is easy enough to find useful information that may have been posted several years ago. Your restoration threads are really inspiring, Jeff: keep them coming!

The only really active forum I have experience of nowadays is the Rover 200 & 400 club (www.rover200.org.uk)
                1983 (Y) MG 1600
                1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
                1987 700 City 1.6 Van
                1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
                1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
                1990 Clubman D
                1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)

(all Maestros)

Daily drive: Rover 25 GTi

Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT

Current projects: Allegro 1.7HLS, Allegro Equipe

Comment

It would be a great shame to lose this forum especially for members like me who are new to the Montego game and whos knowledge is stuck in points and condenser territory and slide phones.

1993 Rover Montego estate 2.0 LXi

1987 Austin Montego 1.6L Auto + pas
                  1990 Rover Montego estate 1.6LX Auto
                  1993 Rover Montego 2.0 SLXi Auto

Comment

Originally posted by zephyr View Post
                    It would be a great shame to lose this forum especially for members like me who are new to the Montego game and whos knowledge is stuck in points and condenser territory and slide phones.
                    I guess the forum is safe as long as enough people do keep using it. I once carried out an experiment and went on facebook to mention how useful it would be if Tandy owners added their vans to the list here on the forum (I linked the list in my post). Nobody added their name to the list on the forum, but several people posted pictures of their Tandy on the facebook post! Very strange I thought...a lot of people ask the same questions on facebook again and again, when the answers are already posted here on the forum. If I want to know something, I look in the books, search on here, ask a passing guru, then ask in a post, very rare that I get to stage four

Comment

I guess the forum is safe as long as enough people do keep using it. I once carried out an experiment and went on facebook to mention how useful it would be if Tandy owners added their vans to the list here on the forum (I linked the list in my post). Nobody added their name to the list on the forum, but several people posted pictures of their Tandy on the facebook post! Very strange I thought...a lot of people ask the same questions on facebook again and again, when the answers are already posted here on the forum. If I want to know something, I look in the books, search on here, ask a passing guru, then ask in a post, very rare that I get to stage four
                      Yep, seen that many times, same questions and too lazy to research for themselves. Then of course you get the' on my car it was......' which has nothing to do with the problem

Comment

Think we're safe Arthur as long as we have a membership. Trust you're well and hopefully see you about somewhere next year

Comment

Starting to venture out more now so next week it is the LXi MOT. Expiry extended by DVLA from June though it ran out today. The other 3 Montegos can wait until next year now with a view to spreading the tax and MOT's out over the year. The MOT's all expired in August. Also need to take a serious look at numbers - 4 Montegos, 2 Mk3 Zephyr 4's and 3 MK3 Zodiacs isn't tenable but i digress. Hope to get to Capesthorne as a minimum next year if the current madness has settled down.
                          Must also remember to make more use of my Canon Power Shot A85 next year

1993 Rover Montego estate 2.0 LXi

1987 Austin Montego 1.6L Auto + pas
                          1990 Rover Montego estate 1.6LX Auto
                          1993 Rover Montego 2.0 SLXi Auto

Comment

Starting to venture out more now so next week it is the LXi MOT. Expiry extended by DVLA from June though it ran out today. The other 3 Montegos can wait until next year now with a view to spreading the tax and MOT's out over the year. The MOT's all expired in August. Also need to take a serious look at numbers - 4 Montegos, 2 Mk3 Zephyr 4's and 3 MK3 Zodiacs isn't tenable but i digress. Hope to get to Capesthorne as a minimum next year if the current madness has settled down.
                            Must also remember to make more use of my Canon Power Shot A85 next year
                            Blimey, been there with lots of cars, I'm just up to 6 now not the 9 you have lol and no doubt all in great condition. You'll have to start culling your fleet mate. On another note, the Zephyr/Zodiac clubs magazine may have been saved as possible editor has come forward. Glad you're now out and about.

Comment

me too...
                              And me I dont always chat , but always have a look around most weeks , Can`t stand face ache or the rest of it these forum`s are far better to me , as I now have a Rover 214 I`m on the Rover 200 400 forum too another good site . Hope you are well Jeff ?

Comment

Working...
                              X