Montego police car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maestro dave View Post

And me I dont always chat , but always have a look around most weeks , Can`t stand face ache or the rest of it these forum`s are far better to me , as I now have a Rover 214 I`m on the Rover 200 400 forum too another good site . Hope you are well Jeff ?
    I'm OK dave, trust you are too. Used to belong to that site when my son had a coupe, not a bad site at all that
    There are many who look on here and a few unlazy ones who use it as research due to the wealth of info on it, unfortunately though not many post up things but hey ho
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post

I'm OK dave, trust you are too. Used to belong to that site when my son had a coupe, not a bad site at all that
      There are many who look on here and a few unlazy ones who use it as research due to the wealth of info on it, unfortunately though not many post up things but hey ho
      I` m fine thank`s Jeff yes have to agree with you it` s a great shame there aren`t many post`s anymore as I think this is and has alway`s been a cracking site .

Comment

I much prefer a forum,to than anytype of social media.
        Return to the topic , I can remember maestro panda cars these where usually base model version .
        Weren't the montego SI a police spec - public version!
        Alan.

Comment

Yeah maestro panda cars where very common, but not too many montegos no idea about the si being a police car

Comment

There was an ex-Police Montego local to me many years ago, although I didn't realise what it actually was until I saw it in the local scrapyard and noticed the calibration label on the speedometer.

I would have bought it, but had no spare storage at the time and although I contacted one of the Police car enthusiast clubs nobody was quick enough to save it

It was a white M-reg 2.0i saloon and I was later told that there had only ever been two of them in service with the force in Birmingham.
            Last edited by digital efi; 11th December 2020, 13:36.
            1983 (Y) MG 1600
            1985 MG EFi with digital dash (owned since 1987)
            1987 700 City 1.6 Van
            1988 Tandy camper 2.0D
            1990 Advantage, just 29k on the clock
            1990 Clubman D
            1990 MG 2.0i (spares donor)

(all Maestros)

Daily drive: Rover 25 GTi

Weekend rave: Honda Civic Type R GT

Current projects: Allegro 1.7HLS, Allegro Equipe

Comment

Originally posted by digital efi View Post
              There was an ex-Police Montego local to me many years ago, although I didn't realise what it actually was until I saw it in the local scrapyard and noticed the calibration label on the speedometer.

I would have bought it, but had no spare storage at the time and although I contacted one of the Police car enthusiast clubs nobody was quick enough to save it

It was a white M-reg 2.0i saloon and I was later told that there had only ever been two of them in service with the force in Birmingham.
              Always the same, never enough room lol

Comment

Does anybody know if any of the ex MOD montego cars are left,.
                Peter Simpson did one as a project car in Car Mechanics magazine years ago.
                We lost a early maestro hls , when we lost storage.
                Alan.

Comment

Originally posted by efi 2.0 View Post
                  Does anybody know if any of the ex MOD montego cars are left,.
                  Peter Simpson did one as a project car in Car Mechanics magazine years ago.
                  We lost a early maestro hls , when we lost storage.
                  Alan.
                  I've got one of them, I didn't realise it was ex MOD at first, I was attracted to it as it had no sunroof...

Comment

Glad, at least one MOD car has survived . Still annoyed at lossing ,a Y reg hls maestro ( got stolen then recovered, then lost storage).
                    Where the last montegos built to order, we had a M plate estate country man in brg at work. I think it was the first 2.0 TD I drove. Was a shock after 1.3 base maestro that I usually drove to work.

Comment

I think only the saloons were built to order. The estates were still selling well, particularly the Countrymans (or should it be Countrymen!) as they offered value for money 7 seats when MPVs were expensive and few and far between. The diesels had a good reputation as did the 2.0i "O" series. The saloon was replaced by the 600 whereas the only estate available was the 400 Tourer that was both more expensive and far less practical.

Comment

Your right, now I think about it. I am sure that one car mag did a artical on the last saloons.
                        Alan.

Comment

Working...
                        X