Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Montego VP Estate (breaking)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Montego VP Estate (breaking)

    I've had a few enquiries about the car but mainly for parts so Im going to break the montego vp estate so all parts available.

    Good Points:

    Bodywork is solid (mainly surface rust) color silk green
    All electrics work fine
    Dashboard hasn't risen
    75,000 miles on the clock
    Recently serviced
    New fuel filler pipe
    Fuel filler pocket (solid)
    Blank Centre caps - plus two vp ones
    Exhaust is not all that old and is solid throughout
    Underneath is solid - with one peice of welding to the rear wheel arch at the bottom
    Has self leveling rear suspension

    Call Paul on 07743 514 762

  • #2
    Madness absolute madness
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 16th September 2006, 16:43.
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

    Comment


    • #3
      If the cars in this sort of condition then I would have thought there would have been people lining up to buy it?

      You're always going to get these people that just want to buy parts, but try and save it first! I thought VP Montego estates were rare cars?

      according to the winter 2005/2006 edition of monstro there are only 62 of these left on the road
      Last edited by H48HPE; 16th September 2006, 22:42.
      CURRENT FLEET:
      1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
      1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
      1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
      2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
      1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

      Comment


      • #4
        I've listed it on ebay now if someone wants it! if not it will go for parts. Nobody wanted the car whole, just parts!

        Comment


        • #5
          i have seen the car shes nice just a little work woudl get her back on the road in no time some one save her.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jeff Turbo
            Madness absolute madness

            thats a bit strong,people should be able to sell there cars without this, as he has listed it on e bay. i hope people will be bidding now.
            Tony Hague



            A clear enthusiast - or a nutter?

            Comment


            • #7
              what a shame a very rare montego estate up for breaking. can someone please put up the cars link cause i cant find it lol .

              Comment


              • #8
                Here it is!

                http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1987-Montego-V...QQcmdZViewItem


                It would be nice if someone could save this rare & very useful seven seat estate.

                Ady

                Comment


                • #9
                  Ah, no wonder it took a while to find - it's advertised in the car parts section!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by tony
                    thats a bit strong,people should be able to sell there cars without this, as he has listed it on e bay. i hope people will be bidding now.
                    Didn't see the ebay bit as it wasn't 'ebayed' at the time, only refering to the breaking of it. Wasn't meant to be offensive.
                    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 17th September 2006, 12:05.
                    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                    2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I've lowered the prices on the car now....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        or best offer for the car....

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I'm making strange noises while this one tortures my mind! I don't really want to buy another car but it's deserves saving much more than my tatty Maestro (does anyone want that by the way?!).

                          Ian

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Nope. I'm out of the running. Sorry. No more projects allowed! Only the Mini is healthy at the moment...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I assume it has leather, any photos of the interior?
                              Neil
                              90H Montego 1.6SL (LHD)
                              94L Montego 2.0 Countryman TD
                              01 MG ZS 180
                              97 Nissan Primera 2.0GT
                              16' BMW 330d M Sport
                              14' BMW X1 25d M Sport
                              57' Citroen Dispatch 1.6HDi

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X