Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Montego VP Estate (breaking)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    afaik the estate always had velour trim.

    Alexander
    http://www.austin-rover.co.uk/index....berbouckef.htm

    Comment


    • #17
      The one I've been in certainly had velour.

      Ian

      Comment


      • #18
        I have no pictures of the interior, I will get some taken tomorrow! its grey velour. I will also put give away some free alcohol too, 216 bottles of beer.... if anyone on here wants to make me a sensible offer for the car I will end ebay early!!!!!! Im quite prepared to sell it for less than I paid for it (I paid £170 for the car). I would prefer the car to go to an enthusiast on here. Than to someone of whom may only use it for spares or banger racing......


        Here is my number 07743 514 762 - Paul - please don't pm me Im only on here once a day, call or text.


        Thanks Paul

        Comment


        • #19
          VULTURE TIME AGAIN

          If it is to be broken....I would LOVE both front seats if in good condition. Not too bothered about the head rests. Also would like the rear elec window regulators, the 5 switch control unit for elec windows and the rear fuel filler flap key lock surround if not pitted.

          Sorry if I appear to sound like a vulture. I'd have saved the whole car myself (my fav. Montego variant) but I don't have garage space spare due to the aquisition of my latest 4 wheeled purchase...its brand spanking new and finished in lovely shiny red. Cost me an arm and a leg, it did....
          M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
          Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

          Comment


          • #20
            New link as relisted!


            clicky

            Comment


            • #21
              I've removed the reserve..... I would rather the car be used again.... and not scrapped. It needs a little work for its mot and 50 quid for the car isn't that much considering there isn't many left on the road.

              Comment


              • #22
                Can't understand why nobody wants it
                1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                Comment


                • #23
                  No room here!

                  beside's, the last 'rare' monty estate I tried to save ended up being scrapped due to lack of interest.

                  It was no VP/GSI etc, but a very early 1.6 .........hohum.

                  Mal.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Im stumped

                    as to why nobody wants it. I've removed the reserve set at £75.00, I've kept the starting at £50.00 to cover costs. Im not letting it go for anything less than that. It's not rotten, its a one of only a limited number left, i've done some of the repairs and a service too, it won't take much to pass its MOT. What would people prefer i just give it away for free???? I tried that with the hle maestro and that ended up being scrapped......


                    Well if it doesn't go on ebay, Im not going to break the car! i don't have time too now and cannot be bothered too. It will go to the crusher as it is!

                    So there will be left on the road 61 instead of 62.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I thought I read originaly that it had a years test on it, if the MOT has run out that explains why no one wants it, with a years Test it would probably sell very easily.

                      At least you tried to sell i, thats all you could do, and if no one wants to buy no one can complain if it gets scrapped. the main thing is you tried.

                      Andy
                      CURRENT FLEET:
                      1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
                      1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
                      1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
                      2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
                      1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I was very Tempted

                        I have to admit, if it was not so far from Lincoln I would have had it for fifty quid or so and put it back on the road for myself. Just too far & too costly to trailer it back all that way.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by countryman
                          I have to admit, if it was not so far from Lincoln I would have had it for fifty quid or so and put it back on the road for myself. Just too far & too costly to trailer it back all that way.
                          If it drives I will go with you if you want and share the petrol.
                          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                          1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                          2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                          2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            It does still have some MOT left if you want to tax it or can get hold of some trade plates!!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Thanks for the offer Jeff, I see you are a Lincoln dweller too, I am just 6 miles out of town. I would still need to get it insured & then taxed straight away, and as it would be a bit of a project I wouldn't want to keep it taxed & insured straight away so it would still be a fair old cost outlay for the remainder of September (It's MOT expires on the 27th September).
                              Ady

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I thought I read originaly that it had a years test on it, if the MOT has run out that explains why no one wants it, with a years Test it would probably sell very easily.

                                Ah, not just me then! Sadly, I can't take on something that needs work now. Looks like it'll sell now but what a bargain!

                                Ian

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X