Just clicked the eBay link and it says `no longer available for sale`. Is it good news and someone has saved it?
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Montego VP Estate (breaking)
Collapse
X
-
The reason it needs to go is I have roofers coming on monday and they need to erect scaffolding and I cannot park the car on the road, sorry if you feel this is a tall order, but space is needed, if the winning bidder doesn't collect it on sunday, it will go to another member on here.... to be scrapped or engine lump swapped to a diesel.
Comment
-
Hi AdyOriginally posted by countrymanThanks for the offer Jeff, I see you are a Lincoln dweller too, I am just 6 miles out of town. I would still need to get it insured & then taxed straight away, and as it would be a bit of a project I wouldn't want to keep it taxed & insured straight away so it would still be a fair old cost outlay for the remainder of September (It's MOT expires on the 27th September).
Ady
Well I tried, can't do anymore than that. Where abouts you from Countyman? Good luck with the sale RebeccaLast edited by Jeff Turbo; 23rd September 2006, 16:03.1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
2004 MGZT V8. I love this car
Comment
-
The car has gone and the guy collected it today and he will stripout the rear seats right back to the drivers seat and passenger seat so he can use the car as a van for his work, he's not bothered about the car being taxed and mot'd or insured. He will use the car until the engine goes bang or he gets pulled over by the police.....
Comment
-
Birchwood Avenue. Lincoln.Originally posted by countrymanYou did your best to save 62 from becoming 61. Potterhanworth, where are you?
I saw a green or brown countryman in Branston on the 30th August in the evening, was that you?Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 24th September 2006, 13:13.1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
2004 MGZT V8. I love this car
Comment
-
Often about in Branston, but don't think I was on Wednesday 30th August, It is a brown one though, the reg contains the letters "MOF". I have seen another countryman in Branston, it is a bit of a "shades" of brown one (deep rich raisen seems to be unavailable off the shelf now). Mine will be in town tomorrow morning, MOT time.....Originally posted by Jeff TurboBirchwood Avenue. Lincoln.
I saw a green or brown countryman in Branston on the 30th August in the evening, was that you?
Comment
-
I doubt it will last long on the road now, the police check numbers all the time and they can tell if you have it T&T and insured..... I know round here anything they catch gets crushed. And you get points on your licence etc..... So not a very bright bloke! :laugh: and I personally hope he gets caught quick as I always pay my insurance and tax etc.... driving without insurance should hit you with an instant driving ban and a big fine of say £5,000 increasing to say £10,000 if you got caught again. that would put people off doing it. Maybe the money collected could be paid into a fund to help people who have been involved in an accident involving an uninsured driver.
There will probably be a good few less than 61 Montego VP estates on the road though now, failed MOTs and expensive welding might have seen off at least another 10 I would guess. That one seemed in very good condition though, an MOT would have seen it safe and secure for at least another year, maybe more.
You'll only get scrap value for any older car without an MOT, unless it is a very special model like a turbo, or in very good condition, and even then you would get consideraby less than with an MOT.Last edited by H48HPE; 24th September 2006, 15:39.CURRENT FLEET:
1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012
Comment
-
A small percentage of all our insurance premiems already go to the MIB (Motor Insurance Bureau) for this. I had to claim from them a few years ago after my wife was involved with an accident with an uninsured driver.Originally posted by H48HPEMaybe the money collected could be paid into a fund to help people who have been involved in an accident involving an uninsured driver.
However, you can't claim from them if you have fully comp insurance, and they must be able to trace the 3rd party.
In my case, although the guy ran away, a taxi behind my wife recognised the guy. He was later done for taking his mums car without consent, driving with out insurance and licence, and careless driving. The MIB also take them to court to re-claim as much of the costs as possible.Neil
90H Montego 1.6SL (LHD)
94L Montego 2.0 Countryman TD
01 MG ZS 180
97 Nissan Primera 2.0GT
16' BMW 330d M Sport
14' BMW X1 25d M Sport
57' Citroen Dispatch 1.6HDi
Comment
-
I went to the local dvla yesterday to hand in the V5 (I didn't want that going missing in the post) and I explained that the car has no tax etc..... and the women said she regularly goes out with the police and stops vehicles with no tax, mot, insurance and the area the guy lives in ie margate and the road is a notorious hot spot! and he will be picked quickly.
Comment


Comment