Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Turbo sorted
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Tomorrow's fun is teaching Chris about turbos and rebuilding this. Now soaking in plus gas
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Clutch and this lovely thing turned up today
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Turbo core ordered off this company https://www.turborebuild.co.uk/websh...rger-Core.html and also replacement clutch from ebay
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 12th July 2021, 13:18.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    And pics. Turbo will also be recored
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Engine and gearbox out, gearbox separated all in just over 3 hours. Clutch looks new so might keep that. Its off to the rebuilders tomorrow so see how that goes.
    The gearbox will have new seals etc in it. Will be checking on the turbo aswell while it's out

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Well that's rather unfortunate, compression tests done and mighty low on all cylinders and even lower on piston 3. Took the head back off in under an hour to test the bores and two don't hold the diesel I put down them. So engine rebuild it is then. Dry test 1 94, 2 95, 3 80, 4 96. Wet test 1 98, 2 110, 3 100, 4 100. All far too low.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Dash back in, couple more things then we can book it for an mot, after a major clean though
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Well lucky me, managed to find another pair of seals after looking at this parts list, arrived this morning so happy days as know doubt my sons other project will need new heater seals and I now have spares

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Pipes separated from the matrix and had to snap the existing once I'd found my last spare. In the process of de-rusting and painting the pipes atm, they are in good condition though with only surface rust. Found two replacement gaskets but Rimmers only had one 0 ring left and one earlier type which is the same as a Rover SD1, so I bought both. Hoping to put back together over the weekend and carry on.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    The car was delivered a couple of weeks ago so back working on the car today, door cards finished, other little things all in, tidied up what Chris didn't do in the engine bay, changed the fuel ecu, starts on the button and doesn't show overheating on the temp guage now. But found a leak in the heaterwater pipes connecting to the matrix. Remove two of the bolts but the last one just spins round. 20 mins later the dash is out and the matrix removed
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Another update on the car. Dropped by as I was passing, once warm it runs sweet and goes very well but is a pig to start when cold. Stepper motor wasn't stepping out so that was removed again and stripped down. One of the cogs inside was jammed against the body and had broken off, Chris tried to glue it back on but that didn't work. Luckily I have two spare steppers so will drop those off Saturday when passing. Taking awhile but getting there

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Little update. Chris couldn't find anything wrong with the car after replacing the carb and crank sensor as it didn't improve anything so between us it was agreed that fuel must be completely off, so removed the petrol tank and drained it of all old fuel including the fuel lines, apparently lots of gunge came out of the tank, fresh fuel in and starts on the button. Just needs a carb tweak then hopefully done by next week. I knew the fuel was old but didn't know it caused this problem, will be using a fuel stabiliser in future for the winter.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Just a little update. Carb was found to have a fault somewhere as petrol went into it but nothing came out even after another strip down so I delivered my spare, got the car running but won't tick over and the crank sensor is also faulty giving off unstable readings so sent off one of my spare ones. Chris didn't know what the problem was with the original carb, just that it had a fault. So getting there slowly

Leave a comment:

Working...
X