No announcement yet.

1995 Rover Maestro 700L Van (M775 OAN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check for play as I mentioned before and check for signs of oil leaks particularly on the exhaust side - it should be dry soot in there not gooey tar.

The intake will always have some oil in there from the breather system (if the original is still present).
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Lots of in/out side to side play in it Dan.

Comment

Anyone got any pictures of a standard one. I can't find the compressor wheel measurements at the moment.

Comment

There will be some side to side play - that is normal as the oil pressure provides the film of oil for the shaft to float on. In-out play isn't so good news though. It probably needs a rebuild. Wilky (Bernies blowers) seems to get a good rep on rovertech.

Comment

That looks like a standard turbo to me. Doesn't mean it hasn't been bored out for bigger wheels/flow. I'd send it to wilky for his opinion on if it can be rebuilt. He'll have the parts to replace all parts including wheels (as that comp wheel looks a bit far gone. Look over on rover tech for contact details.

K&N filters are famously poor on filtration there is obviously a trade off on free flowing. I'd seriously think about refitting the standard paper filter and drill the standard air box if you think it feels a little throttled.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Thanks for that Phi - very helpful, it appears to be a standard unit then.

Does anyone have a good turbo for sale?

Comment

I'll take a look, however I seem to recall I gave my good spare away when I sold my engine to Rich L.

Is it a T3 flange on it? Or is it something else. I'm wondering if something else more modern may be a relatively easy fit and give a performance and drivability improvement. (I'm thinking the GT1549S fitted to the ZR etc).

Comment

it's a t2 so anything with a t2 flange will fit the manifold. I think the gt15 will be a downgrade tbh. If it were my money I'd look at a hybrid t2 replacement.

Comment

Remember it is a T2 vs a GT15. The GT15 will spool earlier and has the potential to give more power (about 150bhp on the GT1549RS on the L series), which is more than the original T2 will support probably.

Comment

Still the t2 platform will be much easier to hybrid than the gt15. But yes bottom end would be improved with the gt15. I'll post my pics of what I was going to do years ago:

Those spacers were easy enough to make up. It was a long time ago now so I won't still have them kicking around anywhere. I made up some oval spacers for the top row of bolts too.

I do have a L series manifold and a gt15 in good order too if you were to go that way

Comment

Yes if you were going with hybrid, you'd probably want a 50-52mm compressor wheel with something a little larger than the standard hotside on the standard GT1549. Something like a GT1752 would be ideal I reckon in a T2 housing.

Comment

I have got a brand new turbo being delivered tomorrow, the van is going into the body shop on Tuesday for a small amount of welding.

Insured it today, things are moving forwards nicely

Comment

fit a new turbo with a new braided oil feed pipe. For the expense of a new unit you'd be crazy not to.

Comment

Working...
                                X