Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by charliecosworth View Post
    Turbo - intercooler - chargecooler - inlet manifold

Was reading on Internet best to keep charge cooler has close to inlet manifold has you can get it

Charge coolers are good at getting rid of a lot of heat in a small area. They are not good at getting the charge as cold as an intercooler will.

For coolest charge temps you want to fit the intercooler last in my opinion.
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

• Bare metal respray now started.

car looking a bit worse for wear.

only rust found on the body is by drivers rear light, behind back bumper there going to cut out and new piece and rust treated and couple layers of stone chip.

4 new doors to fit & 2 wings, not a spec of rust on hatch or bonnet there going to rub them down bare metal.

going to do away with bee sting ariel i had fitted, found a new OE rover one for maestro so that will be fitted.
      Last edited by charliecosworth; 28th November 2015, 14:03. Reason: more pictures
      MG Maestro turbo 437
      367 Bhp

Comment

• Wow, am shocked. You must want it perfect. I thought it was 99.9% spot on before. How come you decided on a full respray? Good luck with the project.
        MG Maestro Turbo #500
        BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
        Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
        Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

• Doors started to rust from inside out and down the door seams, rather than match the paint work with 4 new doors easier to start from scratch paint whole lot.
          MG Maestro turbo 437
          367 Bhp

Comment

• little update body now nearly all bare metal, expecting few horrors under the paint but no it's really good, little rust patch on N/S sill going to cut it out and patch it whilst in bits, side skirts came off without major battle

Last edited by charliecosworth; 20th November 2015, 19:43.
            MG Maestro turbo 437
            367 Bhp

Comment

• sounds good,more p'd off bmw and merc owners getting passed !

Comment

• more pictures, car now painted, all rust on body cut out and rust treated, 4 new doors fitted, just few bits to finish off..
                Fitted new inner door seals, new outer window seals..
                removed the beesting ariel, now fitted OE ariel in correct place..

Last edited by charliecosworth; 20th November 2015, 19:46.
                MG Maestro turbo 437
                367 Bhp

Comment

• Stunning looks a hell of a good job.
                  MG Maestro Turbo #500
                  BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
                  Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
                  Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

• Great work there Pete
                    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

• thanks Jeff and Andy...

little more progress, new window seals fitted, also new door protection strips they was black, but had red stripe just a case of painting white to match.
                      need to try fix the front bumper little low by headlight.

Last edited by charliecosworth; 28th December 2015, 17:17.
                      MG Maestro turbo 437
                      367 Bhp

Comment

• Awesome
                        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                        2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                        2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                        2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

• Browsing another forum I saw this earlier and thought "that looks familiar" As others have said Peter it looks stunning.

Is it you on the other forum or just who did your paint??

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...=370503&page=2
                          Last edited by macca666; 28th November 2015, 10:07. Reason: Forgot link!!

Maestro turbo No. 108

Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce Ti (daily driver)(Vesuvio grey)
                          Mazda MX5 RF LE (Soul Red)
                          Honda CBR 600 FW (weekend toy)

Instagram & Facebook - mgmaestroturbo108

Comment

• i stripped it and did some prep work to keep costs down, they painted it and done the hard graft, due to missus having baby 2 weeks ago everything on hold for few weeks

whilst car stripped out inside, going to wax all inside of new doors, inside of wings and inside of hatch hopefully that will keep rust at bay for few years bought load of this of ebay
                            http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1610817313...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

also whilst in bits going to do some sound deading inside of doors, roof, floor, with this stuff,
                            http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3016146221...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

hopefully this will cure some rattles and other noises that maestro/montego seem to suffer from.

Plans for next year powder coat all running gear, and rear beam.
                            Stone chip all underside.
                            and power wise over 400bhp is my target.

Happy holidays to everyone, all best for new year
                            Happy motoring
                            Last edited by charliecosworth; 24th December 2015, 19:57.
                            MG Maestro turbo 437
                            367 Bhp

Comment

• Originally posted by charliecosworth View Post
                              ... going to wax all inside of new doors, inside of wings and inside of hatch hopefully that will keep rust at bay for few years bought load of this of ebay
                              http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1610817313...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

also whilst in bits going to do some sound deadening inside of doors, roof, floor, with this stuff,
                              http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3016146221...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

hopefully this will cure some rattles and other noises that maestro/montego seem to suffer from.
                              Interesting that you wrote about these, Peter, as I'm just about to start doing the same. I have a spare 5 litre can of Waxoyl, from when I did a bare shell renovation of a Mini Clubman Estate about 15 years ago and thinking I should just bin it and go for the Bilt Hamber stuff instead. 5 litres at under £50 looks a good buy.
                              Then I had also looked at the stuff from Noise Killer (http://www.nkgroup.co.uk) Their Barrier Mat is about the same price as the Fatmat (£40 for 1m x 1.2m or £70 for 2m x 1.2m). They also do a Vibrasorb for underbonnet areas (£50 and £90 for same sheet sizes) or Engine Blankets in small, medium and large sizes that might replace the bonnet pad.
                              Membership Secretary
                              Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
                              2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
                              1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

• I bought a load of BH stuff last year and really rate it. I bought the s50, UC, deox-c & deox gel along with electrox and the high build primer.

I don't know if that was the link you bought from Peter but its actually cheaper on the BiltHamber website. Delivery is free over a set amount if you're buying a bit but even with delivery if you're buying a couple of cans it will probably still work out cheaper.

I know you've already purchased but just wanted to let anyone else know that's thinking about purchasing.

Maestro turbo No. 108

Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce Ti (daily driver)(Vesuvio grey)
                                Mazda MX5 RF LE (Soul Red)
                                Honda CBR 600 FW (weekend toy)

Instagram & Facebook - mgmaestroturbo108

Comment

Working...
                                X