Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silverleaf MG Montego efi

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    After removing the engine, interior and more........more rust was found.
    The car will now be stripped and scrapped once I've removed the glass and any other parts needed
    Shame really as ive just purchased many of the parts to save it but can't weld.
    I have still purchased the 3/4 shell, so have to find time to pick that up in the near future.
    If anyone can weld/ help on an idea I have as ive been offered a complete shell, I would be grateful.
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 11th December 2014, 15:52.
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

    Comment


    • #47
      Stripping started, engine/gearbox out

      New shocks removed

      Friends in here

      Filler here
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
      2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
      2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

      Comment


      • #48
        Coupe anyone


        B posts removed for .......???? can't remember who wanted them.


        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
        2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
        2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

        Comment


        • #49
          Excellent carpet


          While removing the wiring loom from the boot I removed lots of gaffer tape and found....

          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
          1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
          2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
          2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

          Comment


          • #50
            More shedtastic horrors



            1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
            1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
            1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
            2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
            2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

            Comment


            • #51
              I have what I need off the car now and more rust found.
              Complete wiring loom, 4 new tyres, surface rust only on the fuel filler pipe, new springs and shocks all round, serviceable servo and much more.
              Couldn't remove the front screen as my grinder packed up.
              Inners of the dash will be put into another early car that a friend will be getting soon.
              The rest of the shell will now be weighed in.
              Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 8th February 2015, 06:43.
              1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
              1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
              1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
              2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
              2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

              Comment


              • #52
                To be fair Jeff, this one was too far gone to be saved
                MG Maestro turbo 437
                367 Bhp

                Comment


                • #53
                  Don't forget to sweep up the rest of the car once the boys have been round to collect the remains.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by MG MAL View Post
                    Don't forget to sweep up the rest of the car once the boys have been round to collect the remains.
                    Once its removed
                    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                    2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X