Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Private messages

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Private messages

    I've noticed that if you send a private message by clicking on a user name (say in a post) the message goes to the intended recipients email address but there is no record kept in my message board. If i'm correct this means you cannot reply to it through "messages". In order to have a record of a message sent i've noticed that you have to actually be in your messages portfolio then type in the user name (or the first part of it for autosuggest) when a record in messages will be kept. Is this just me not knowing how to work things or are others having similar issues. I recently received a private message as notified on my email but when i went into messages on the forum said message wasn't there?.
    _____________________________________________
    Current Fleet

    1993 Rover Montego estate 2.0 LXi

    1987 Austin Montego 1.6L Auto + pas
    1990 Rover Montego estate 1.6LX Auto
    1993 Rover Montego 2.0 SLXi Auto

  • #2
    ......only ever sent a private message from the "messages" section, not from a post, forum........but I'll bear in mind what you say.


    Modern life, the world of IT - So much time is spent focussing on the tool, rather than the task!!

    Comment


    • #3
      I don't have any problems like that Arthur so can't comment on your issue. You could message Tanya and she will got on to the web person for you
      I sent you a private message and it says gone in my messages to you and i still have all the others, it should be in your for sale messages to and from me. Go into Message centre then In box and it should be there
      Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 20th September 2026, 10:16.
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
      2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
      2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
        I don't have any problems like that Arthur so can't comment on your issue. You could message Tanya and she will got on to the web person for you
        I sent you a private message and it says gone in my messages to you and i still have all the others, it should be in your for sale messages to and from me. Go into Message centre then In box and it should be there
        I'm a bit of a techno dinosaur. I've only had a smartphone for less than a year and still only use it for texts and calls. I see your message now. It appears that messages from one person regardless of topic all go under the same heading. At least i know now where to look. I'm used to emails where the most recent message is at the top whereas on here the most recent is at the bottom. I'll see if there is a setting to change that. Thanks for the heads up. I don't have (or want) any of the so called socials so this forum is very precious to me and long may it continue.
        _____________________________________________
        Current Fleet

        1993 Rover Montego estate 2.0 LXi

        1987 Austin Montego 1.6L Auto + pas
        1990 Rover Montego estate 1.6LX Auto
        1993 Rover Montego 2.0 SLXi Auto

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by zephyr View Post
          I'm a bit of a techno dinosaur. I've only had a smartphone for less than a year and still only use it for texts and calls. I see your message now. It appears that messages from one person regardless of topic all go under the same heading. At least i know now where to look. I'm used to emails where the most recent message is at the top whereas on here the most recent is at the bottom. I'll see if there is a setting to change that. Thanks for the heads up. I don't have (or want) any of the so called socials so this forum is very precious to me and long may it continue.
          No worries mate, happy to help
          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
          1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
          2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
          2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

          Comment

          Working...
          X