Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
User Profile
Collapse
Profile Sidebar
Collapse
Morris Montego
HLE
Last Activity: Today, 19:45
Joined: 19th April 2026
Location: Wirral, Cheshire
-
If you need a van, if nobody else can help....and if you can find him......
My idea to replace my MG6 and have two Maestro/Montegos, two Monstros, is becoming more serious...... Again, I'm thinking Maestro van. A 500 or a 700, an A Plus or a Prima - I'm flexible. Either way, it will be a highly practical "run around". I want to give it some "cool", snazzy...
- 1 like
-
Hmmm......my mind is thinking "bye bye MG6, hello Maestro/Montego number 2"......but, my immediate reaction upon seeing these photos was "oh dear
". The asking price is interesting though!
-
-
Missing Montego
It happens every week......3 or 4 days pass, I look at my Montego as I start the MG6 with its fragile bakelite 'key' and think "I'm missing Montego! - we'll have to take a more leisurely drive soon". It's just a more relaxing, fun experience.
So, it's Saturday, the sun is shining and...
- 1 like
-
" I drove mine to Barcelona & used very little fuel on the way, despite going over, rather than under, the Pyrenees.."
That's impressive!!
- 1 like
Leave a comment:
-
......I'm starting to think "I'd like a Maestro van"

I could perhaps "A-Team" it a fraction
, make it stand out beyond it's rarity, history. They are an attractive van I think
- 1 like
Leave a comment:
-
-
Estate side glass, o/s front wing - anyone have a current need?
When I bought my Montego back in April, it did come with a boot full of spares -
I am thinking if anyone has a current, urgent need for side glass/windows or an o/s front wing they can have them for a nominal sum. The law of sod says if sold, I would then soon want them myself! However,...
- 1 like
-
......forget the ball joint, but water pump, brake pads and shoes, YES
Leave a comment:
-
In fact, I'd probably want all the below -
A brand new water pump for all 2.0 petrol engine Austin Rover MG Maestro & Montegos. This is the later model for post 1985 engines and fits all 2.0 petrol engines, including carb, EFi and turbo models. Manufactured in the EU, comes with...
Leave a comment:
-
Just minutes ago, a moment of tinkering, I tried lifting, closing the tailgate without actually engaging the lock - No clunking/rattling. Fully close and lift, there's the clunk again. Looks like I need to remove the lock to investigate......
Johnny, you mentioned that little lever by the...
Leave a comment:
-
A very good photo for comparing Maestro versus Montego front end, bonnet line, front wing!...
- 1 like
Leave a comment:
-
I'll have a think ref. the water pump & brake pads......they'd be handy to have in stock.
Leave a comment:
-
Ahaa......I should have researched more
Does anyone fancy a meet 3rd October, 7th November or 5th December then at the museum?...
Leave a comment:
-
I went on carevents.com, shows in the north west - It says the Lakeland Historic Car Club meets third Saturday of every month, Backbarrow, Ulverston, at the museum & Cafe Ambio. So, 17th October, 21st November, 19th December.
I did wonder, is the club joining fee worth it for a later...
Leave a comment:
-
......it seems the Lakeland Historic Car Club, with a Kendal address, actually meets at the Lakeland Motor Museum (and Cafe) in Backbarrow, Ulverston
- 1 like
Leave a comment:
-
"There is a meet at the Lake district motor museum on boxing day, we have been to that sometimes, usually a good day out & museum has some good stuff in it."
- Sounds good!!!
Do you think it may be worth joining the Lakeland Historic Car Club though - £27 per...
Leave a comment:
-
".......so I towed him to the show which amused the marshalls!"


Leave a comment:
-
Knavesmire looks a good turnout!
Poor LVL 618 Y though.....
- 1 like
Leave a comment:
-
Looking at events late in the year and never really wanting to put too many miles on 'Morris Montego', I've just done a Google, 'car shows north west'
Interesting - for members only (circa 320), the Lakeland Historic Car Club do a meet up October, November and December near Ulverston, south...
Leave a comment:
No activity results to display
Show More
Leave a comment: