Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us your Maestro/Montego...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Now who in the right mind would want to do something like that?
    Anyways, I have seen Corgi Maestros, and now Scalextric Maestros, so where are the 1:18 scale ones?... :laugh:
    Steve Worsley

    R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
    VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
    J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

    Comment


    • #62
      My Maestro
      Attached Files
      Burgundy 1987 Maestro 1.6L
      173,000 miles.

      Comment


      • #63
        Apologies for the quality of the photo above, its a still from a DV camcorder

        Martin
        Burgundy 1987 Maestro 1.6L
        173,000 miles.

        Comment


        • #64
          Looks good to me, nice colour too!
          Steve Worsley

          R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
          VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
          J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

          Comment


          • #65
            Aaaargh! Flaming joyriders! Look what they did to this poor Maestro...
            Click Here
            Steve Worsley

            R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
            VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
            J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

            Comment


            • #66
              1) Scalextric Maestros crop up on Ebay very often. I think I have a set of about 7, but I've never seen an orange one like in that picture. A nice chrome one came up recently, but I missed out on it The Corgi Maestros with the flashing lights also crop up frequently.

              2) You can get pewter scale model MG Maestros too from here http://www.mgcars.org.uk/carclub/fwd...ia/regalia.htm

              There's a bigger one and a really dinky one available.

              3) Why would anyone want to roll a car on purpose??? Are these people mental?!

              4) Nice looking Maestro, Martin

              5) Oh well, another joyriding idiot out of the gene pool. That one lived too close for comfort to me, so hopefully it'll mean mine are a bit safer. I can't believe the lack of respect for other people's property that some people have.
              A closed mouth gathers no foot

              Maestro Vanden Plas
              Maestro Camper Van
              Maestro 1.3L
              Fiat 500 Sport 1.3JTD

              Comment


              • #67
                Found this lovely Maestro on the web yesterday.
                Attached Files
                Steve Worsley

                R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
                VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
                J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

                Comment


                • #68
                  I think that car's numberplate speaks for itself: "Gawd, what have they done to that Maestro!!!"

                  :laugh:

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    A few years after my dad sold his first Maestro, A151 NNB, we saw it again near home. After he kept it in such beautiful condition (Zircon blue) he nearly had a heart attack when he saw that someone had painted it in a very similar way to the one above, only matt green and black. Aaargh!
                    I won't repeat what he said. :laugh:
                    Steve Worsley

                    R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
                    VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
                    J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Georgie porgy.
                      Attached Files
                      Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Corgi 1009 - MG Maestro 1600

                        Here's the Corgi MG Maestro 1600:



                        As you can see it has working lights:




                        Another angle:



                        For some strange reason, 95% of Corgi MG Maestro 1600s are yellow even though there were no yellow Maestros ever made to my knowledge.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          I wonder if there is any chance Corgi would re-release it in the future? Has the club not looked into comissioning a limited run of Maestros & Montegos from a company to supply to club members as an addition to the Regalia currently on offer?

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            I've got a (very battered) red Corgi maestro.. No bulb/batteries though..and no idea what they were! I got it a couple of years back at an MMM show..

                            The more I look at the pewter ones from MMM, the more I think "nice.."

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Didn't the report mention that the other passengers survived? I think this indicates something about the Maestro's safety - after a head on crash too!

                              1989 MG Maestro Turbo no.399


                              1994 Maestro Clubman Turbo Diesel

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                The driver of that Maestro must have been doing some crasy speeds when he crashed, but sadly he wont be the last person to have problems separating reality from the racing games on his computer.
                                Attached Files

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X