X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanya
    replied
    In discussion with the committee, we have decided to close this thread. Those who are unhappy with the website, forum and club in general have had ample opportunity to have their views aired and heard.

To report glitches etc or for questions about how to do things on the forum, please use this thread - http://maestro.org.uk/forums/forum/m...-use-the-forum. Please keep it constructive and if you have a problem, give as many details as possible.

For comments about the club and long term plans, please use this thread - http://maestro.org.uk/forums/forum/m...long-term-plan. Again, please keep it constructive.

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Hobby
    replied
    Russ, why don't you contact "jeanius" direct, maybe get him (or her!) to phone you. Even when it was at it's worst it was never anywhere near as bad as you describe. From discussions I've seen on other forums when people have major issues like yours it's normally something on your machine that is exaggerating the issue.Maybe Tanya can put you in touch?

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Russ View Post
    I inadvertently left my tablet logged on ,it took my 5 minutes to actually get to this page.
    I'm sorry and don't care who I offend now this forum is the absolute pits. It doesn't work properly .
    If the management are listening it should be back to the old one with security updates or money back.
    Now then I've been a member for nine years and a user of the forum for a lot longer. I've never caused trouble in the past but I'm absolutely furious at present. I am definitely not renewing my membership unless there is vote for an A GM the management of the club are not listening to the members one bit , I feel sorry for committee members of the past as I'm very sorry to say especially to Jeff as I don't have any faith in them now
    It's fine russ. I'm not a committee member now and it won't affect our friendship

Leave a comment:

• Mike Brock
    replied
    To me the white space seems to be the way table/columns form around the left user identity column. Posting one sentence - it's natural due to the design of the columns they'll be gaps or white space below - especially if you have no signature. You could squash the user identity column to reduce the white space below one sentence inputs? However - it wouldn't look good and why would you want to do that anyway! All forums are bound by table and column rules - I don't see away by that - from my very amateur website builder point of view.

With regards to cost of website - I often wondered what that would of been. Now that I know - it genuinely doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Although I have very basic knowledge of html code and little experience building a site and how it all works etc. - one thing I do fully understand and that is the time factor! Took me ages to build my site - god know how long jeanius built this one - I believe it was built without templates?
    Last edited by Mike Brock; 22nd August 2016, 07:32.

Leave a comment:

• Russ
    replied
    The thread problem thread? Not a lot of point really as the forum is so unwieldy and Tanya has said it's not going to changed so we all have to live with it

Leave a comment:

• H48HPE
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeanius! View Post

This is a strange one, because that's an error message that would come up when there's a Captcha in place (the validation thing that asks you to type the letters that you see in the image).

Did the Captcha itself come up? How did you manage to get past it?

If it does it again, could you grab a screen print of it and send it over to me? It would be good to see it in place.
    The Captcha didn't come up, just the error message. I tried to post again but it came up with the same message. in the end I just copied what I'd written, navigated away, logged in again - and then pasted my reply as a new reply and it went through.... If it happens again, I'll grab a screen print.

Andy

Leave a comment:

• seacow
    replied
    I inadvertently left my tablet logged on ,it took my 5 minutes to actually get to this page.
    I'm sorry and don't care who I offend now this forum is the absolute pits. It doesn't work properly .
    If the management are listening it should be back to the old one with security updates or money back.
    Now then I've been a member for nine years and a user of the forum for a lot longer. I've never caused trouble in the past but I'm absolutely furious at present. I am definitely not renewing my membership unless there is vote for an A GM the management of the club are not listening to the members one bit , I feel sorry for committee members of the past as I'm very sorry to say especially to Jeff as I don't have any faith in them now
    russ can I suggest that you post your current issues with the forum in the new thread so they don't get lost in this one please and we can look at them?

Leave a comment:

• Jeanius!
    replied
    Originally posted by H48HPE View Post
    another minor issue - I've just had a message up when trying to reply, saying something like the text string entered did not match the image, not had that one before
    This is a strange one, because that's an error message that would come up when there's a Captcha in place (the validation thing that asks you to type the letters that you see in the image).

Did the Captcha itself come up? How did you manage to get past it?

If it does it again, could you grab a screen print of it and send it over to me? It would be good to see it in place.

Leave a comment:

• Russ
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Tanya
    replied
    I can't believe that a club official is talking down to an ' ORDINARY' member telling them they have no rights to know how OUR membership subscription is being spent!
    If I didn't live in the wilds of East Anglia I would call for an EGM!
    The accounts will be presented at the AGM in November. These contain details of all the club's income and expenditure and the committee will be happy to answer questions about them. They will also be made available to all club members.

This is the usual way of transparency and accountability.

The accounts are also audited by someone not connected to the committee. Currently this can be anyone, although my preference would be to have them professionally audited in future if this is possible/feasible as this would offer better protection to both the club and committee.

Leave a comment:

• H48HPE
    replied
    another minor issue - I've just had a message up when trying to reply, saying something like the text string entered did not match the image, not had that one before

Leave a comment:

• H48HPE
    replied
    to me the £2.5k paid for the website upgrade seems reasonable... if it was someone doing it in their spare time it would be a crazy sum of money, but this has been as a result of competitive tender between several professional firms - from what I've gained from this thread.

Throwing the contract to the cheapest price is not always the best bet. You have to compare the prices against the specification, and look at what each offer includes - at the end of the day you have a bunch of prices, some meet the criteria better than others, the cheaper ones will have often missed things out of their price, and a sum of money goes against that price to compensate against the higher fully inclusive prices. I''m sure the committee has been through all this.

With all that in mind it seems a reasonable request that the design specification for the website be published to the members, if the committee could do that it would silence a lot of these frustrated postings. I'm quite interested myself as to what its all been about. fair enough, some wont care but for those that do its an interesting subject.

I've no doubt that its all worthwhile stuff - but to 'ordinary' members, wondering what their £18.00 has been spent on it may also go some way into justifying the mebership fee....?

At this point - its absolutely not a case of put up or shut up (John Major would be proud) - this is just a case of people scrutinising the committee - if this didn't happen, it would be a bad thing. imagine if the committee were actually up to no good with members money and no one challenged it.... I'm confident in what I've seen that the committee is not ripping anyone off, but you cant fault people for scrutinising.

Andy

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Yeah bored with this now, supposed to be about the forum.

Leave a comment:

• seacow
    replied
    I think we need to draw this thread to a close. I don't think that Pete was trying to talk down to an 'ordinary' forum member but to comment on the tone the thread has taken. Personally I am pleased that there is debate and feedback, and as I said on another thread we need to listen to feedback but we cannot please everyone all the time. Not everyone will agree with every decision the club makes but please be assured that we take no decisions lightly, they are considered and discussed and made. We were elected to do this and while its healthy to challenge and discuss its imperative that we keep it amicable. We struggled to fill the committee roles last year - and we all do this as volunteers in our own time so please do remember this. Everyone has a voice and opportunity to join in and get involved and the more that do the better!

So please keep feedback coming but keep it constructive and civil!!

Leave a comment:

• Jeanius!
    replied
    Originally posted by Hobby View Post

(BTW it seems to have speeded up!)
    Hurrah!

Thanks for the feedback - keep an eye on it and I'll keep working on it also!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X