Just joined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just joined

Hi everyone - just joined the club I think (“subscribed” anyway). Been a keen Montego fan since the family’s brand new MG EFI turned up in dazzling white in 1987. Keen to keep my eyes open into the future to own a similar car again. Cheers, Matthew

Originally posted by MatthewL View Post
    Hi everyone - just joined the club I think (“subscribed” anyway). Been a keen Montego fan since the family’s brand new MG EFI turned up in dazzling white in 1987. Keen to keep my eyes open into the future to own a similar car again. Cheers, Matthew
    Welcome. I do know of a lovely facelift MG Montego in white that's for sale if you're interested, not cheap but been restored to a high degree I might add
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 3rd November 2022, 15:30.
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Thanks Jeff. Sorry for the slow response! If it’s even possible I’d really like a 1986-87 spec car (D/E reg) with the “Tron” red grid background dashboard and hidden fan switch! I appreciate I may have to be flexible owing to the cars being rare.

I can’t decide if I want a daily driver, show car or full restoration project - my normal route to falling in love with a car!

If you’ve a link to an advert I’d never say never!

Matthew

Comment

I’d also possibly consider an Advantage (but I think they are down on power from the MGs) , a 2.0Si and could even be potentially tempted by a Mayfair.

Comment

I’d also possibly consider an Advantage (but I think they are down on power from the MGs) , a 2.0Si and could even be potentially tempted by a Mayfair.
          There is only one Montego Advantage know to be on the road, my old green car and yes way down on power as they use a carb. Si again only one known. Mayfair you maybe luckier with depending on if your after a 1.6 or 2.0L.
          I have a link to the facebook page and this is the car, not sure if you can see this link though https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...306744&__cft__[0]=AZVVzphSy8rG77sgldOxxKvd6o1u2B1bxzJXJsCbErH3GF6sl _vk9qCSf-jc122holgkj7shJlDyEP1OL3MDV3nST-YfN3Peum9W24rAWikomU5amuw-svmqg8WNVNyqNd3QiF_WmkUjKtNFotijSYFu&__tn__=*bH-R
          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
          1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
          2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
          2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
          2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Thanks Jeff. Unfortunately the link doesn’t work. I’m busily saving cash by flogging old XR3 parts from the garage so hoping to keep an eye out and find a car that interests me over the coming year or so which I hope won’t then cost me too much! Sounds like the EFI makes a big difference from your comment. Always thought the Advantage looked great - I suppose they didn’t want it to steal sales from the MG.

Comment

Thanks Jeff. Unfortunately the link doesn’t work. I’m busily saving cash by flogging old XR3 parts from the garage so hoping to keep an eye out and find a car that interests me over the coming year or so which I hope won’t then cost me too much! Sounds like the EFI makes a big difference from your comment. Always thought the Advantage looked great - I suppose they didn’t want it to steal sales from the MG.
              I think the link will only work if you are on facebook, but I've copied the picture so you can see what it lookslike, as Jeff says, a very nice car..

Comment

Looks lovely - must be one of the last ones on an H plate?

Comment

Working...
                X