X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Skyliner1 View Post
    Hi Guys. Have just collected my Maestro Turbo from Roberts MG after them sorting out 99% of the problems. This included a new heater matrix, problems with water leaks, Central locking and Electric Mirrors.
    They replaced the heater matrix, found some dodgy hoses, replaced the electric mirror switch in the dashboard, and well sorted the Central Locking.
    Absolutely amazing, All working Fab, in fact the heater is now so good had to turn it down on the drive home.
    While the car was with Roberts, whos business they run from a trading estate in Windsor, apparently some of the local companies on this estate, loads of people saw the Maestro Turbo and Matt from Roberts MG could have sold my car a 100 times over. It got so much attention. Sorry guys, it aint for sale, unless you win the lottery :-).
    Anyway, Matt from Roberts and me, were having a chat when i picked up the car. He said that although an absolute show winner, one thing that does let it down is the MG Badge in the grill. I had to agree with him.
    It is looking very tired
    So my question is, can you get brand new MG Grill badges, and if so, where?
    Hope all members have a great Christmas and new year
    Tom

Maestro Turbo #384
    Nissan Skyline R34
    Audi Q3 RS 440bhp
    Great to hear alls well now, the part number for an MG grill badge is JRC7004 AKM Racing has one on its spares list, ive used him before and he's very legit http://akmracing.dk/ page number 5 on the spares list, he also has many rare parts listed
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 23rd December 2019, 12:30.

Leave a comment:

• ian drew
    replied
    Fantastic to see such a reception of the car! I'm hoping this is the year I get mine back on the road, now how many times have I said that....
    Regarding the front grill badge, I'm fairly sire they are NLA. I bought a new one a few years ago when one of the parts suppliers were selling them off. If they were for sale now on eBay I think they would fetch a pretty penny. I would have thought that getting one refurbished would be the best option, although I wouldn't know where to start.

Interesting to see all of the things that garage in Windsor sorted, especially the central locking, which has always been a weak point of the M&M cars. Did they get new motors of a different kind, or grease up the mechanism?
    I'm in St Albans so not a million miles from Windsor should I need a decent garage in the future.

Have a great Christmas and new year driving the MG!

Ian

Leave a comment:

• Skyliner1
    started a topic Maestro Turbo 384

Maestro Turbo 384

Hi Guys. Have just collected my Maestro Turbo from Roberts MG after them sorting out 99% of the problems. This included a new heater matrix, problems with water leaks, Central locking and Electric Mirrors.
    They replaced the heater matrix, found some dodgy hoses, replaced the electric mirror switch in the dashboard, and well sorted the Central Locking.
    Absolutely amazing, All working Fab, in fact the heater is now so good had to turn it down on the drive home.
    While the car was with Roberts, whos business they run from a trading estate in Windsor, apparently some of the local companies on this estate, loads of people saw the Maestro Turbo and Matt from Roberts MG could have sold my car a 100 times over. It got so much attention. Sorry guys, it aint for sale, unless you win the lottery :-).
    Anyway, Matt from Roberts and me, were having a chat when i picked up the car. He said that although an absolute show winner, one thing that does let it down is the MG Badge in the grill. I had to agree with him.
    It is looking very tired
    So my question is, can you get brand new MG Grill badges, and if so, where?
    Hope all members have a great Christmas and new year
    Tom

Maestro Turbo #384
    Nissan Skyline R34
    Audi Q3 RS 440bhp
Working...
X