Maestro Turbo Service/repair garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maestro Turbo Service/repair garage

Hi Guys, i know i wasent going to put anymore posts on the forum but need some advice and help.
    The garage that has been looking after my car for the last year (wont name them) have finally done the dasterdly. While in their garage recently for some work, some how the rear screen got smashed. They tried to Bull me with "Oh, it must have been because it was in the sun" Yeah, right,the rear screen has been in place for 30 years and all of a sudden it smashes in the Februaury sunshine. OK???????.
    Surprise, but a new rear screen was available. This was fitted and just wanted to get my car away from there so have initially paid their bill while i can think about getting my money back.
    Even when getting the car back after the new rear screen, all the back seats were laying down and the parcel shelf just flung in the back.. So disappointed, especially after all the good work they did on the Maestro Turbo last year. As you can imagine i am very P,d off. These are all extra costs that i hadnt anticipated and certainly not expected.
    So, a quick question. Does anyone know of a good MG Garage in East Berhshire that would be happy to take on my car. I did find a possible garage, and although a bit further away, said nthey would love to take on the Maestro. Thought i would pay them a visit first, but on checking out their premises, my word, it was like a tin shed at the back of a shop. No way they are getting anywhere near the Maestro Turbo.
    Any members got any suggestions?
    Cheers
    Tom
    Maestro Turbo 384

I'm guessing you mean Roberts MG, I've never heard of a garage doing that before and blaming the car. I would have forced the issue and made them pay for the replacement as the car is on their premises so they should be liable to replace the rear screen. Seats down and parcel shelf isn't a major thing though. Up here in Lincoln I had used many a back street garage that has an older mechanic as they know much more. Other than that there is Austin Garages,in Burton on Trent, Tanya takes her cars there, Manor Garage & sons in Wantage, and if you can travel, Chris Flanagan in Bridnorth. Hes very good
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 28th February 2020, 14:47.
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

I wouldn't dismiss the bloke in the tin shed, he has stayed in business without a flash reception area and expensive industrial estate unit, so presumably he must be good at something. The American author of the Diesel engine bible suggested that a machine shop that knew their job could be identified by the fact that their Milwaukee actually was a Milwaukee and the coffee machine had not been washed since 1953...

Comment

Don't know the history / back story of your car - what sort of work do you need doing?
        Al has #496 and I've had a lot of Monty turbos in the past, we are in Wokingham - Crowthorne so may be able to recommend somewhere
        midget1380@btinternet.com

Comment

Originally posted by mgdavid View Post
          Don't know the history / back story of your car - what sort of work do you need doing?
          Al has #496 and I've had a lot of Monty turbos in the past, we are in Wokingham - Crowthorne so may be able to recommend somewhere
          David and his son Al know quite a lot about turbos, been there done that ah dave lol, they would also know where the best place is near them, and they're not too far from you Tom.
          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
          1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
          2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
          2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
          2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Hi Guys. Thank you all for the advice and suggestions.
            Will be looking into to these, and let you know.
            Most of the work would be just servicing and any mechanical problems that may come up.
            Luckily #384 doesnt need any bodywork, well, none that i can see.
            Last edited by Skyliner1; 2nd March 2020, 07:21.

Comment

Thanks Jeff. Will be persuing the screen through the Small Claims Court, but just wanted to get my car away from there. Am so disapointed in them as they have done some great work, like solving the not starting issue i had when i first got the car, and some other quite tricky issues. It just seems as though lately they have lost the attention to detail, and with a show car, this is very important.
              Tom

Comment

Tom - you can email me at mgsmithy@yahoo.co.uk or phone/text 07903 899991 and we can talk about some possibilities.....

Comment

Forgot to say - Al is also a past Skyline owner

Comment

Thanks David. Are there good or bad times to perhaps give you a call and have a chat

Comment

Working...
                    X