Exhaust for 2.0 EFi Maestro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust for 2.0 EFi Maestro

Looking for an exhaust downpipe for '87 MG Maestro, can't seem to track one down online. Does anyone know the Unipart no to help me search please?

There are three numbers in epc, GEX 1932 to vin 484177. GEX 11013 from vin 484178 and GEX 12028 with no clues. There are also three centre section numbers, but two of them say nla, use the third, which implies that the downpipes are interchangeable.. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for this. Is the EPC something I can access online?

Comment

Originally posted by grogee View Post
        Thanks for this. Is the EPC something I can access online?
        No, it is a windows XP disc, I think AR just scanned some of the parts microfiches..there are some things missing from the disc that are on some of the microfiches. It is still a handy thing to have if you have n XP computer & can find the disc, I got mine on ebay and have used it at least as often as I use the microfiche reader.

Comment

from the numbers this should be the right part, not sure why they have it down as an auto one, there was no auto option on the efi Maestro as far as I know .... https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-WCD011013EVA

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
            from the numbers this should be the right part, not sure why they have it down as an auto one, there was no auto option on the efi Maestro as far as I know .... https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-WCD011013EVA
            Thanks. Yes the 'auto' designation is confusing, as you say. It 'looks' right based on what I've seen under the car.

I imagine those manifold flange bolts are going to be good fun.

Comment

A 2.0 carb exhaust has a smaller bore to injection so also check that, auto on these, normally means the springs aren't there but you can swop them over with your existing, have fun getting the manifold bolts off but they may remove easy. If you use a hexagonal socket they won't round off easily. Plenty of plus gas there then and not much room on the middle nut, if not get the dremel out
              Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 5th October 2022, 13:54.
              1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
              1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
              1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
              2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
              2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
              2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

If you can borrow something like this https://www.machinemart.co.uk/c/induction-heating/ you might have less trouble with the nuts.. First time I used one was at work, we borrowed one from the local garage to help with the nuts on the pickup manifold which looked terrible after a life of being splattered with slightly acidic coal laden glop from the pit yard. It heated the nuts up red hot in seconds, they surrendered fairly quickly, just like using oxy acetylene on them, but without the fires/explosions and other unwanted side effects. A great tool..

Comment

Blimey that's a lot of money but as you say it's a good machine
                  1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                  1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                  1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                  2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                  2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                  2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
                    Blimey that's a lot of money but as you say it's a good machine
                    yes, better than the £25 Chinese kit one that I made...the cheapie did work, but a bit like comparing a lighter to a cutting torch once I'd tried the expensive one..

Comment

Working...
                    X