Head Lining Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head Lining Replacement

HI All, apologies , this might be a very common question! I Have a 1990 1.3 LX and currently I have the polystyrene backing in place but no cloth. I have spotted the excellent guidance on how to replace the material on the site but wanted to ask where is best place to source the right sort of headlining cloth. Presumably you can by it on a roll...any help very much appreciated!!

Woolies trim can supply both the material and the high temperature glue. You will need 2mtrs of material.
    Membership Secretary
    Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
    2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
    1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

If you search for the Martrim website and look under nylon headlining you can request a few samples of the colours you think you need. The samples are free, once you decide on the nearest colour as said you will need 2 metres of cloth and 2 heat resistant spray glue cans.
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
      2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
      2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
      2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

HI both, thanks so much for this, its very much appreciated !

Comment

Not sure where you live but i had the headlining replaced in my Maestro Turbo by a company in Wokingham. TrimMania.
          They did an absolutely fantastic job and didnt charge the earth. I understand it is a very tricky job replacing headlining, and not something i really fancied having a go at, as they had to take the sunroof out, but the headlining looks better now than, probably, when the car rolled off the production line.
          cheers

Comment

Working...
          X