Sunroofs - Maestro & Montego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunroofs - Maestro & Montego

Does anyone know if maestro and montego sunroofs are the same?

I'm talking about the black 'cassette' part that bolts to the roof.

Thanks

George

The cassette parts are the same on Maestro and Montego, but vary between types of sunroof.....I guess you already know that the glass bit is different?

Comment

I didn't know the glass was different but that's not a problem as I can bolt in my glass which is OK.

Problem is I have to go to Preston to collect it (I'm in Warwickshire). Is anyone travelling to Gaydon show from Preston area that could bring it? Pints/cash/biscuits in return.

Comment

To update this - both the cassette part and the glass part are (nearly) identical.

The Montego cassette part has two 'prongs' that I think are there to aid assembly. I had to grind them off and drill out a suitable hole in the frame to match the Maestro pattern.

I now have a working, non-leaking sunroof!

If anyone is attempting this job drop me a PM, I have many hours of bitter experience faffing...

Comment

Originally posted by grogee View Post
          To update this - both the cassette part and the glass part are (nearly) identical.

The Montego cassette part has two 'prongs' that I think are there to aid assembly. I had to grind them off and drill out a suitable hole in the frame to match the Maestro pattern.

I now have a working, non-leaking sunroof!

If anyone is attempting this job drop me a PM, I have many hours of bitter experience faffing...
          Been away but back now
          Early years had the guide pins but from memory that was dropped. Maestro roof is near the same but has a different curve to the Montego but as you say it can be used. Trays are the same except early years with the fabric covered part. You could have also changed the sunroof glass over to the new tray if the seal was ok
          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
          1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
          2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
          2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
          2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Working...
          X