Valve sizes 2.0 EFI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve sizes 2.0 EFI

Does anyone know the dimensions of the inlet and exhaust valves for the 2.0 EFI?

Also, did the Turbo use sodium cooled exhaust valves, and if so, are they are different stem/poppet diameter?

thanks

Why do you ask? Are you rebuilding an efi head or converting to Turbo? Stem seals are different on the exhaust valves as are the valve seals in the head
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 26th June 2023, 12:33.
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Some info here https://maestro.org.uk/forums/forum/...st-valve-seals

Comment

Thanks, I'm looking to get my EFI head ported. I've got hold of a NOS head but it's 'empty' ie no valves, springs etc. If I can obtain valves and springs I'll be able to send away for porting.

Alternatively I take my existing ones out but that means a bit longer off the road.

Comment

Originally posted by grogee View Post
          Thanks, I'm looking to get my EFI head ported. I've got hold of a NOS head but it's 'empty' ie no valves, springs etc. If I can obtain valves and springs I'll be able to send away for porting.

Alternatively I take my existing ones out but that means a bit longer off the road.
          Valves are available for efi as are cotters etc, turbo valves I'm not sure it you can get any. Springs are all the same, shims you can buy. With the turbo head its not a lot of good with just the turbo head on an efi engine.
          Part numbers for efi head, Valves Inlet CAM1235 x4, (same as freight rover) exhaust CAM7488 x4, (Was some on ebay) Seat valve spring 12H 5114 x8, spring valve 12H 4660 x8 or superceded UAM2126 x8, Cup valve spring, CAM1237 x8 Cotter valve AHU1054A x8pr, Tappet, 12H 4533 x8 or superceded ADU8982. Shims are many part numbers depending on what clearance you need.
          On later models the stem seals are different Seal and seat valve UAM7497 x8 Exhaust valve, CAM 7488 inlet UAM7713 spring valve UAM2126 x8 Valve cup spring CAM1237 Cotter AHU1054A, tappets ADU8982 so if you can get the uprated seal and seat valve its easier
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-M...7/303906639687 https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-UAM7497
          Tappets will be expensive and hard to find I expect and you may want to find an old used head to strip down to use, that would include the springs etc
          If you look at post 179 on this it shows the changes https://maestro.org.uk/forums/forum/...ego-turbo-goes
          Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 26th June 2023, 14:31.

Comment

If you're interested I had a look in the shed when I rebuild my sons engine/head and I have a set of 8 springs, 8 tappets, 8 shims and 3 pair of cotters. They are are from my sons turbo head that the engine builder messed up after stripping down the engine and not completing. If you want all they are only £30 for all and there's nothing wrong with them and they will fit an efi head and will just need a clean
            Quite abit of an efi head is the same as a Rover SD1 btw so you can also search there. Rimmers have a bit of stock, they also have cotters
            Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 26th June 2023, 14:30.

Comment

Thanks Jeff I'll take you up on that, it'll save me a lot of parts faff. I think it's worth shelling out for some new valves with a new head, it's being breathed on after all.

Tappets/buckets - surely I could put in a shim to reduce clearance or machine some off valve top to increase?
              ​​​​

Comment

Yeah no worries, message me your details. You won't know what size plus shims you need until putting all back together and measuring what size you need. If you have an old cam cover you can cut out sections so you can put a feeler guage in between the tappets and cam or make up three clamps to hold the cam in place and go from there.

Comment

Managed to source valves for my head, one listed for SD1 and one listed for Sherpa. Anyway I've checked the dimensions and they are the same. However the top of the NOS valve stems have three cutouts for the collets but mine only have one. Do I need different collets?

Comment

Managed to source valves for my head, one listed for SD1 and one listed for Sherpa. Anyway I've checked the dimensions and they are the same. However the top of the NOS valve stems have three cutouts for the collets but mine only have one. Do I need different collets?
                    What numbers are they? CAM1235 is a one cut out as is CAM7488 https://www.johnrichardssurplus.co.u...e-cam1235.html https://www.johnrichardssurplus.co.u...e-cam7488.html

Yes you will, look on post number 39. They are for a turbo but not sure if the will fit the ones you have put up, are they the correct part as it looks like a 2.5 V6 Rover 800 valve so may not fit ?https://maestro.org.uk/forums/forum/...rebuild-20hc85
                    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 29th June 2023, 14:14.

Comment

Forget my previous post. The valves arrived (well the inlet ones did) and they have the correct single cutout for the collets.

The pics I've posted are obviously just generic pics from the listing and not the actual item.

As for part numbers, I had to go off piste and think laterally to find suitable parts because the CAM part numbers drew a blank for the exhaust valves.

Comment

Forget my previous post. The valves arrived (well the inlet ones did) and they have the correct single cutout for the collets.

The pics I've posted are obviously just generic pics from the listing and not the actual item.

As for part numbers, I had to go off piste and think laterally to find suitable parts because the CAM part numbers drew a blank for the exhaust valves.
                        I've put up two links for you in my previous post. Inlet and exhaust

Comment

Working...
                        X