Hi
While driving the car for its first week after it has been stood for two years, I have discovered bright green fluid dripping into the passenger footwell. I have traced this to two black heater pipes coming from the engine bay which terminate at a joint with three allen bolts, behind the radio. The fluid appears to originate from the join at the union of the pipes. I have tightened up the three bolts but am still unsucessful in stopping the leak.
Has anyone 'been there done that' who could possibly help out?
Regards
Martin
While driving the car for its first week after it has been stood for two years, I have discovered bright green fluid dripping into the passenger footwell. I have traced this to two black heater pipes coming from the engine bay which terminate at a joint with three allen bolts, behind the radio. The fluid appears to originate from the join at the union of the pipes. I have tightened up the three bolts but am still unsucessful in stopping the leak.
Has anyone 'been there done that' who could possibly help out?
Regards
Martin

If your pipes do go, by pass the heater system by disconnecting the two pipes that lead into the heater matrix pipes through the bulk head.

4 days ago just returning from the weekly blast and saw foot well awash with greenish water. So as quick as a cat whipped mats, carpet and underfelt out. There was some damp on the outside where heater pipes stick out. Out with the front seats, off with the 2 radiator hoses and will wiggle myself under the the dash (my LHD car) to undo the pipes, they're in good nick but the joint with matrix is brown/rust. Got me some new wire hose clips, new gasket/flange from Rimmers on its way to me and a 90° silicone connector to connect the 2 rad hoses if it turns out to be a bigger job. Oh Happy Days!!
Comment