VP T16 turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pm'ed dude thanks....

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

• Sorry to hear this Dude, can't you wait awhile and try again next year?
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
      2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
      2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
      2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

• Thanks Jeff, I was saying that this time last year though. I'll see I don't really want to sell up but if I get offered my selling price then it will go. A few interested parties but nothing concrete so far. Coilovers and rear quarter panel going this week.

My main concern is paying tax and insurance on 2 vehicles, and the mountain of bodywork to make it right just makes it a crazy notion. If it doesn't sell the engine, running gear etc will go into storage and be reshelled.

Comment

• Ok, I contacted a few people about selling the car as a whole. Both plans fell through so I'm going to get the car running and store it for a while. I'm leaning towards keeping it and possibly reshelling, or transplanting into a kit car, or another future project.

The engine is a solid setup with everything either new or rebuilt. It seems crazy to brake it. I have sold the coil overs to Al, but tbh I think that is a move I'm still happy with, mainly because the handling was very good, but harsh when compared to a standard setup. I think I'll try talking to Dan (ETV) about getting some standard turbo springs or something slightly uprated spring wise.

I've managed to pop a fuel hose so I'll sort that out, also the hose onto the fuel rail looked to be growing an odd kind of mould I've now wiped off...

So back on with it. I would love to find a good maestro shell for it as this one needs too much!

Comment

• Glad to hear you have seen the light as it were! :-)
            *****MG Maestro Turbo # 496*****
            Follow me at
            FourNineSix

Comment

• With some thought it didn't make sense, as I said both people who I thought wanted the car as a whole couldn't come through. So breaking it for parts defeats my "I can't afford the time working on this" as there is a good few days work there. That and it is an amazing collection of parts! I got it running and once warmed up booted it up the farm drive a few days ago. Hence why I have a fuel line to mend! It did bring it all back home, and left me stranded at the same time!

I want to spend time making it more comfortable and lighter.

Comment

Working...
              X