No announcement yet.

T16 conversion - rover ti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usually cut down and re-welded ones are used from memory.
    www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
    www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
    www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

That's all I did was cut the upper casing, had no problems fitting
      MG Maestro turbo 437
      367 Bhp

Comment

engine in

I managed to get the engine hung in today, just trimmed a bit off the mount front. It should be ok for i bit until i beef it up a bit with some more steel.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by oskaroo; 28th November 2014, 17:57. Reason: pic added

Comment

sump

With reference to the vast debate about sumps earlier in this tread, i can confirm that there is good clearance using the 220 turbo sump, its sits at its lowest point in line with the the cross member at the rear of the engine bay.

Comment

Looking good! great work.
            *****MG Maestro Turbo # 496*****
            Follow me at
            FourNineSix

Comment

Brings back memories.......

Good luck.

Ian
              Ian Drew
              MG Maestro Turbo '400'
              MG ZT V8
              Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

Ive not had much time to spend on the car yet this year, but i thought id post a progress report. The engine is in and only needs the exhaust fitting and the wiring doing in the engine bay; i've left this to last as i don't like wiring.

It now has a saab intercooler which seems to fit nicely. Intercooler pipes are rover vittesse, 220 and saab.
                Rover 220 radiator.Cooling pipes are rover 220/maestro 2.0.
                Maestro water pump, cam belt tensioner, maestro 2.0 crank pulley.
                Maestro 2.0 alternator.
                Modified 220 accelerator cable.
                Modified Maestro 2.0 speedo cable with 220 box end.

I have some big brakes which i will fit at some point. Ill put some more pics on soon.

Comment

don't think your speedo will work correct.
                  MG Maestro turbo 437
                  367 Bhp

Comment

speedo on my t16 engine rally car works perfect; indicated 20mph, actually 30mph (tom tom calibrated) 30 = 45, 40 = 60- see the pattern, !!!

Comment

is this what we did with your van dan?
                      Tony Hague

A clear enthusiast - or a nutter?

Comment

No my van speedo will be all digital (Will likely need to split the box to get it working correctly but having it on the road would be a start!)
                        www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                        www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                        www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

I'm not too worried about the speedo, the easiest thing to do will be to re-mark the dial or make one with the correct markings on it calibrated against a sat-nav.

Comment

ECU

Has any one managed to run a T16 turbo that doesn't have a 505 ECU or 2 gap flywheel (i.e. a later 4 gap one) without having to use the 5as box to get around the immobilizer circuit?

Ive had a look around Rovertech for a guide to wiring but have found no specific information regarding this side of the conversion; does any one have a good link to a step by step guide, or some good T16 turbo wiring information?

Comment

I have I got a box made by avin automotive diagnostics which effectively replicates the 5as code and wired to the ecu and sits in the engine bay.
                              The other option is apparently a company called best of British will decode the ecu if you send it off to them

Comment

Originally posted by countrydude View Post
                                Lifted from www.talkingcars.me.uk

Maestro Lucas main loom to Vitesse mems engine loom
                                Direct link http://home.btconnect.com/talkingcar...engineloom.htm

There are a couple of other links on the home page at http://home.btconnect.com/talkingcars/bthome.htm

Worth noting that some of the wiring colours are different in the 220 loom.

Don't run with a 820 sump, mine grounded out under heavy breaking!

Comment

Working...
                                X