Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E.T.V.changing from 820 engine with dizzy to 620 wasted spark motor

Comment

Why not keep the dizzy and save yourself any re-wiring?
      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

thought about that, it means changing cams, injectors, flywheel, etc, or so I've been told

Comment

Originally posted by mr.maestro View Post
          thought about that, it means changing cams, injectors, flywheel, etc, or so I've been told
          You'd need to change the cams yes, and the inlet manifold. I can't remember on the flywheel as I think there may be 2 and 4 gap distributor ECU's.

I assume if you are removing the engine you'll change the cambelt - if so changing the cam isn't that much more work - you could always fit some performance ones . If the engine is out then flywheel is also easily swapped. And manifold can be swapped at any time (You strictly only need to swap the injectors but it is easier to swap the manifold usually). Again not sure if you need to change the injectors, have a look at the coloured band on them They are either red band or blue band options.

You can of course swap the electrics instead, I guess it depends on which you feel happier doing!

Comment

got me thinking now! would save sending 620 ecu away, the 820 electrics work and with bothe engines on the floor, swapping bits wouldn't be that difficult I suppose

Comment

Either option will work fine. Its just whether you feel happier messing with wiring or messing with mechanical parts!

Check the ECU plugs too. Some are two plug and some are single plug (if your two ecus are different then much more fiddling with the wiring will be needed).

Comment

Originally posted by E_T_V View Post
                Either option will work fine. Its just whether you feel happier messing with wiring or messing with mechanical parts!

Check the ECU plugs too. Some are two plug and some are single plug (if your two ecus are different then much more fiddling with the wiring will be needed).
                Definitely change the ECU Plugs. This way you'll enjoy the full benefit of this conversion.

Comment

Working...
                X