Maestro rally car rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maestro rally car rebuild

Last edited by g200mss #146; 10th January 2021, 23:56.

Last edited by g200mss #146; 10th January 2021, 23:56.

Comment

Great work! Looks better than ever.
      *****MG Maestro Turbo # 496*****
      Follow me at
      FourNineSix

Comment

Wow - where do you guys get the money to do such fantastic work on a maestro. Detail is spot on as usual - I can remember the first build thread on triple-m. Only wish is a turbo engine fitted - but I suspect the 1600 lump will be going back in? Very interesting indeed - looking forward to the rest of the build on here.

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

Another awesome motor sport maestro, love the pedal box. Hydraulic clutch,is it possible to fit a slave cylinder to the pg1or the golf box?
          Has anyone used a 1275 turbo for Motorsport in a. maestro or does the rule still apply that places the car in the two litre class with this?

Comment

Just noticed cable gear change, what are you going to put in it??
            Take it it's not a maxi 1500 E series

Comment

Many versions of the PG1 have a hydraulic clutch fitted. All PG1 equipped 400/45/zs/600/freelanders had a hydraulic setup I believe
              www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
              www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
              www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Maestro

Nice, although ,that's just showing off painting where the fuel tanks going,lol
                Beware of strange Japanese waitress bearing fortune cookies

Comment

Looks good, how did you keep the maestro pcd with the rear hubs?

Comment

It will have a hydraulic clutch and yes, cable change but its not going to have a PG1 or VW 020.

The engine I have chosen has never been put into a maestro before. It will have around 230-250hp and no turbo = no lag. The box is a 6 speed with a Kaaz plate diff and extremely low final drive.

All will be revealed

Cant wait

Comment

Originally posted by countrydude View Post
                      Looks good, how did you keep the maestro pcd with the rear hubs?
                      I had a friend re-drill the rear drive flanges to 95.25 PCD and the disc holes were elongated. I also got him to machine the hubs down so the rear track stays correct. These hubs add almost an extra inch to the rear track so not good for the handling

Comment

I'll remember that cheers.

Engine sounds interesting good luck with it

Comment

Truly outstanding. I knew this would be good, having seen the standard of Ross's original blue rally Maestro.

My bet is that the engine will turn out to be a Honda VTEC.

This car will be a giantkiller on rallies -and embarass modern cars as a wolf in sheeps clothing.

Definitely one for magazine features in the future

Comment

Thanks John, its nice to hear comments like these after all the time thats going into this.

Once I get to grips with it Im sure we can do well in it. It will be a big learning curve

More pics up soon.

Comment

pictures......please

Comment

Working...
                              X