No announcement yet.

Maestro rally car rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the 1600 is going to stay in hibernation now until the rally car is rebuilt. after sitting in the wrong seat with my dad, i'm determined to do this years xmas stages in the maestro! i find it very easy to drive, power steering helps and the torsen diff helps as well. it has a bit of torque steer but it pulls like a diesel really!! looking forward to seeing yours running.

Comment

• Both of ours will be totally different to drive Im sure! Would be good to see yours back out at Croft this year, might get in the video again

I think I'll need power steering. Im thinking electric ps from a corsa

Comment

• power steering is a must really, especially as, i think, you are using a power rack. what about mgf/tf set up?

Comment

Last edited by g200mss #146; 11th January 2021, 00:05.

Comment

Last edited by g200mss #146; 11th January 2021, 00:05.

Comment

Last edited by g200mss #146; 11th January 2021, 00:06.

Comment

• looking good! i've actually started to rebuild mine. probably start a thread when it looks like i've done something other than stand and stare at it!!!

Comment

• I am going to try with an MGF column to get power steering on the Clubman, it has the same splines as a Maestro.

David M
                  My Car Story

http://www.maestro.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=20252

Comment

• Looks fantastic Ross.

Ian
                    Ian Drew
                    MG Maestro Turbo '400'
                    MG ZT V8
                    Rover 75 V6 Estate

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.maestro View Post
                      looking good! i've actually started to rebuild mine. probably start a thread when it looks like i've done something other than stand and stare at it!!!
                      Looking forward to it!

Comment

• Originally posted by toonarf View Post
                        I am going to try with an MGF column to get power steering on the Clubman, it has the same splines as a Maestro.

David M
                        I looked into this but you need to be able to adjust the assistance manually. Also I'm planning on fitting a vw quaife quick rack in the future so the splines weren't a problem. These columns are popular now in the motorsport scene so it's piece of mind too

Comment

• Top stuff and mighty impressive
                          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
                          1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                          2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
                          2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
                          2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Last edited by g200mss #146; 11th January 2021, 00:06.

Comment

• How can I compete with that Ross Some clever engineering going on - very impressed. Way behind with my project but it is progressing.

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

• brilliant! mine will be nothing like that but will be functional! my budget is bodgit, lol

Comment

Working...
                                X