Maestro Turbo #384

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maestro Turbo #384

Pristine, fully restored Maestro Turbo for sale. Full body restoration. Engine/ gearbox fully rebuilt. Almost concours.
    Show winning condition. Not desperate to sell but needs to go to someone who can appreciate this superb, very rare, classic
    All enquiries to Tom at email
    codewordred2001@yahoo.co.uk
    If i get genuine replies will give a mobile contact, and give full details, but dont want to be flooded with time wasters, hence, you wont see this superb car on Ebay

CAR NOW WITHDRAWN FROM SALE
    Last edited by Skyliner1; 27th December 2021, 09:14.

Hi what colour is it ?

Comment

Goodwood Green. Just been offered £9k for the car, not sure what planet this guy is coming from.
      Just to dispell any further doubts about this cars worth, I am looking for a minimum of £14K for the car.
      Apart from Pete Cooper,s this is probably the best Maestro Turbo you will ever find.
      Major body restoration, full mechanical restoration, see if you can find a better one, certainly not at this price. A fortune spent on making #384 immaculate. As i mentioned, if the car doesnt sell, will just continue to take it to shows where it gets an amazing amount of creditation.. Got an event this Sunday and will be displaying a for sale notice. I have no doubt this Turbo will sell, sometime, but i am in no hurry.
      So ,please guys, no more silly offers.
      Thanks
      Tom

Comment

Sorry, colour, meant British Racing Green

Comment

You may want to add pictures to your thread, body, engine, interior etc etc
          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
          1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
          2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
          2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Hi Jeff. Not sure how to do this. Have a Walk Around video and some pics, but not sure how to add them.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyliner1 View Post
              Hi Jeff. Not sure how to do this. Have a Walk Around video and some pics, but not sure how to add them.
              I think that the 'upload attachments' button should work with photos and videos, depending on their size. If it doesn't work, may be worth asking Pete Cooper?

Comment

Thanks Dr Diesel, will give it a go.
                Took the newly restored Turbo to my Local Breakfast Club Meet yesterday. Not a bad turn out considering the weather and Omuicron, probably 30 + cars present. All wearing masks and observing social distancing.
                The Maestro Turbo was certainly the star of the morning, and i got horse talking to people about the car. Hardly had time for a Bacon Roll.
                Mentioned to those at the event that the car might be up for sale. When i said the price, a lot of people puffed out their cheeks. Try and find another one, and in this sort of condition. Ask Pete Cooper if he would take less than £14k for his car, somehow doubt it, No offence meant Pete.
                And considering there was a Jensen Interceptop up for sale there as well at £60k, and needed work, think the MG, although in a different league, represents superb value.
                But, if the MG dont sell, not worried. More people round the Turbo yesterday than the Jensen :-)

Comment

Good evening I’ve been reading the reply saying what planet is the bloke on who offered 9k for the car
                  I hope you get 14k for it as I’m restoring a 3 owners from new full service history and every receipt from new black maestro turbo which I’ve recently paid £3200 for and it was in really good condition so it goes to show you can still get a bargain and it doesn’t cost 14k

Comment

Hi Maeastro384, hope its not coincidence that your user name is the same as my car.
                    Excellent news that you managed to get a Turbo for £3.2k, wish it had been for sale when i brought mine 3 years ago. Hopefully it doesnt need too much work, but at that price, it must need something, especiallhy seeing as how some Turbo,s in need of work, have sold for £12k
                    I dont think what i am asking is too un-reasonable as the car is now fully restored, with a fully rebuilt engine and gearbox, new front wings, fully restored doors, sills and tailgate which, hopefully yours wont need doing, but if they do, and you want them done professionally, be prepared for a very large bill. Full restoration aint cheap. Would love to see some pics of your car, just to see how good it is, and if you want an instant profit, i know of someone that might want to give you £4.5k for it is, which would be a £1.3k profit, without it turning a wheel. send me some pics, and history and i will forward them to my friend.
                    Many thanks for your reply
                    Kind regards.
                    Tom

Comment

Which Turbo number is it. Certainly not 384.
                      thanks

Comment

Would like to do some checks with the previous owner

Comment

Just a question, are you the same bloke that I brought the car from 3 years ago, in Barnsley.
                          seems odd that username 384 is the same and a simar user name.
                          Can't remember your name, but are you the same bloke that sold it to me 3 ye
                          ars ago.
                          if I am wrong, sincere apologies

Comment

I’m surprised to hear it needed sills doors and wings as I bought 4 rust free doors and 2 new wings when I restored it less than 4 years ago and it was painted in a professional paint shop same as all the cars I’ve restored
                            As for sills they rust from the inside out but they weren’t bad when I got the car and at that stage didn’t need any work
                            but I really hope you get your asking price as people used to laugh at me when I said they would be worth big money 4 years ago
                            I can’t change my username from 384 as I don’t own it anymore and I don’t come on the site much anymore as I’ve never met a bunch of car enthusiasts who undervalue there cars so much and who slag people off if they dare to suggest that maestro turbos are worth 12k upwards and I can assure you that when the black one I have that needed just offside rear arch replacing and drivers door replaced and that’s it will be offered for sale for pretty much the same as you are asking for yours but I won’t be selling it on the maestro forum

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X