No announcement yet.

Leaving "Triple-M" Ownership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh right i thought you was giving me first offers on it, has you told me price and i said would have it when MOTed
    Last edited by charliecosworth; 29th January 2015, 11:33.
    MG Maestro turbo 437
    367 Bhp

Comment

Spares Mr Cosworth Spares!

As mentioned to you in PM, car wise everything is on hold, as I have been concentrating on other more important issues.

Right, back to the seat covers.

Well it seems that there is a lot of interest in these, so I will deal with them now rather than waiting until I had sorted the rest of the spares.

I have just sent the following to one person interested in them.
      I am not trying to extort massive amounts from people, but anything above what I had planned on asking will be donated to a very good cause.

Sending this to let you know the following.
      Today I received a 3 figure offer for the seat covers that is in excess of 240.00.
      I have told them that there are a number of people interested, and that I would let them all know and give everyone until 7pm tomorrow evening to consider this, and then let me know if they are still interested and their offer.

I did have a price in mind, and anything above that will be donated to the fund set up by Lee bow in memory of his Son.
      So, there you have it.

No Ebay, no bouncing pm's back and forth. one pm , one reply.

This is in regards to the seat covers only.

It's the only fair way I can think of doing it, and in the process raise a little extra for Mitchel's fund.

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by MG MAL View Post
        Peter,
        Having already had pictures up on F/book there are one or two who have already shown interest.

Sussex Pete.
        I believe I do have a selection of MG maestro door cards, both early and late versions in good to great condition, but they are yet to be dug out and sorted.

I will apprise everyone of "progress and availability" on all items big and small as soon as I am satisfied I have found everything and listed them.
        I hope the cars will be listed on here too, I do not use f/book as I disagree with the way it is operated. I am a very serious buyer as I'm sure others on here with no access to f/book are! Please give us all a chance.

Comment

Wow, brand new seat covers. What's the chances of me ever seeing them up for sale again! Has anyone with an mg still got the red stripe intact on the drivers seat? Ha. No wonder there was a lot of interest. Driving me mad the half missing on my drivers seat. Does anyone know if the original material is around/for sale anywhere? I know Jeff did an excellent repair on all seats a few years ago but I was after just repairing the drivers seat to original. Unless anyone knows of any more surplus seat covers for sale or even a immaculate mg seat?
          MG Maestro Turbo #500
          BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
          Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
          Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by charliecosworth View Post
            you can have my old ones. which are in great condtion
            Peter, Are they the later version and complete? If so, please tell me more.
            Membership Secretary
            Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
            2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
            1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

yes later ones, there in my turbo also have mint rear seats in the loft and might have 3 doors panels? would have to double check

go on my pictures you can see pictures of them in my car, only done 31,000 miles
              MG Maestro turbo 437
              367 Bhp

Comment

Originally posted by charliecosworth View Post
                yes later ones, there in my turbo also have mint rear seats in the loft and might have 3 doors panels? would have to double check

go on my pictures you can see pictures of them in my car, only done 31,000 miles
                Thanks Peter, Somewhere along its life, mine acquired the early chequered seats and door trim. I've managed to get hold a set of later seats - although the trim is not brill and needs a lot of cleaning - but to match them up properly I need the correct door cards. So defo interested. PM me with costs once you have checked out what you have and can let go.
                Membership Secretary
                Join the M&MOC | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 (To keep me occupied in retirement)
                2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid(Daily run-around)
                1974 Austin Allegro Semi-works Rally Car

You know you are getting old when your knees buckle and your belt doesn't

Comment

Going back to the original photos of the seat covers which are being sold today by Mal.

They look like they are for the later MG Maestro and Maestro Turbo ie not the Montego?

Are they a complete set ie 2x fronts and the rear seats?

Does anyone have more details. It is not clear from the photos.

Many thanks, Ian

Comment

To all who made their interest known in regards to the seat covers.

Sorry for the delay, but it has been a long day for us down here, but well worth the efforts involved.

The offers are all in, the person with the highest offer has been notified.

To all others, thank you very much, a not too insignificant amount will now be added to the memorial fund for Mitchel.

To those planning on attending the barn this weekend. Please try to make your arrival as early as possible on Sunday to ensure I get time to sort out your needs/request's. as I hope to leave mid afternoon at the latest.

Thanks all.

Mal.
                    Last edited by MG MAL; 30th January 2015, 21:39.

Comment

Well, it seems there is a renewed interest in what parts I may still have stashed away due to an old"facebook post" of all things!. So I am back on the forum thanks to Pete Coopers efforts in "re-energising" my access. I will attempt to update the list within this post on a new thread in due course. But please be patient as I have a lot going on at the moment, and very little spare time.

Mal.

Comment

Nice to see you back Malcolm, we await your list !!

Comment

Good to hear from you Mal.
                          I'll keep an eye on here for any items that Al may need for #496
                          midget1380@btinternet.com

Comment

Welcome back Mal. Any more mg seat covers by any chance lol?
                            MG Maestro Turbo #500
                            BMW 335I M Sport Convertible
                            Subaru Impreza Hawkeye Wagon
                            Rover 218vvc Coupe

Comment

I know this was 5 year ago but do you still have a spare Rear strut dust cover YXX 4745 LG going spare ? Happy to buy pair but only need One. Thank you for your time Mick

Comment

Working...
                              X