Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1984 MG Montego EFi with digidash

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Made a proper start today. Head has to come off as its got an oil leak. Removed all and the head and good job I did as its full of white sealant
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 17th December 2016, 14:42.
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

    Comment


    • Head removed, and exhaust manifold leaking. Bolt snapped on the exhaust manifold. so that to fix. I was only going to remove the head and that also gives me better access to the rusty Servo. but the engine really needs to be removed
      Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 17th December 2016, 14:21.
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
      2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
      2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

      Comment


      • Water pump removed and this time no snapped bolts. I decided to remove the engine at this point so I can do it all. Unfortunately 2 snapped bolts on the front shock absorbers to the hub and none will come out. I will have to remove the hubs and shocks together. Once I get my engine hoist here I will remove the rest of the parts to remove the engine and gearbox.
        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
        2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
        2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

        Comment


        • Unwrapped the head I bought 6 years ago today. also new water pump and tensioner that I need to modify. also brought back from my barn, Engine hoist and from my spares, both front wishbones, both front hubs, complete front shock absorbers and springs, Anti roll bar and pair of bushes, exhaust manifold. all now ready to carry on.
          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
          1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
          2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
          2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

          Comment


          • Ever wish you hadn't started. Engine removal today, fought me every inch. more snapped bolts for me to sort at a later date. Gearbox selector pin finally out after 30 mins of constant bashing, all bolts solidly in but it didn't defeat me and the engine is now out
            1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
            1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
            1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
            2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
            2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

            Comment


            • Gearbox mounting is knackered, front shock absorber bolt snap, empty engine bay, bad crack on the alternator housing and its finally out. I've also made a start on the front suspension etc. Replacement hubs have been removed from the wishbones ready for new wheel bearings. I will also change both front ball joints, track rod ends, front shocks.
              1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
              1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
              1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
              2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
              2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

              Comment


              • Managed to get a couple of hours on the car today, Another 'wish I hadn't started' . Front suspension, wishbones, anti roll bar removed, only one bolt snapped so will have to drill and tap that as it's one of the rear of the wishbone ones. Replacement wishbones started, one balljoint replaced, the other ground down but my drill battery decided to collapse. Replacement front shock absorbers clean up started. Now waiting for 2 new batteries to arrive, new drill sharpener as that's knackered and my drill bit are now blunt. Will be sorting the shock absorbers next while i'm waiting for the bits to arrive. I also managed to find a NOS complete servo so I wont have to clean the rust from that.
                Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 7th January 2017, 15:50.
                1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                Comment


                • that bolt on the hub looks like it going to bitch to get out! some heat might help with that one
                  MG Maestro turbo 437
                  367 Bhp

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by charliecosworth View Post
                    that bolt on the hub looks like it going to bitch to get out! some heat might help with that one
                    Not keeping the front shocks Pete, but hopefully will keep the hubs, will sort that at a later date. Couple of hours on it today. Both front shocks and springs separated and cleaned ready for paint, Anti roll bar cleaned and ready for paint, both bushes cleaned, threads redone using my tap and dye set now also ready for paint. As i'm now waiting for a replacement drill battery and drill bit sharpener, made a start stripping the old head, water pipe removed, cleaned and ready for paint, snapped bolt on the thermostat housing but removed and ready for cleaning, inlet manifold removed and ready to be stripped for cleaning.
                    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                    2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                    Comment


                    • Now that my turbo has gone I have more room. Also finished drilling out the last balljoint as my batteries and drill sharpener arrived and finding my nos steering rack ready to put on the car
                      Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 14th January 2017, 15:19.
                      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                      2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                      2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                      Comment


                      • More done today.
                        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                        2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                        2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                        Comment


                        • More pics, front suspension all back together and made my own socket for the retaining nut as I couldn't find my other one
                          Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 14th January 2017, 16:28.
                          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                          1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                          2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                          2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                          Comment


                          • While I was waiting for paint coats to dry I made sure the exhaust manifold was flat by rubbing it against a rough slab. Took ages but its flat now. Drilling out the snapped bolt on the car is next as this is all ready to put back on, that should be fun, then replacement steering rack
                            Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 14th January 2017, 15:18.
                            1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                            1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                            1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                            2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                            2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                            Comment


                            • Hand finished exhaust manifold, much more personal than a milling machine All looking good..

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post
                                Hand finished exhaust manifold, much more personal than a milling machine All looking good..
                                Haven't got a milling machine so used a tip from a friend gave me a few years ago. It's perfectly flat now and cost's nothing
                                1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                                1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                                1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                                2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                                2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X