No announcement yet.

1995 Rover Maestro 700L Van (M775 OAN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you point me in the direction of something suitable mate?

Comment

Best thing to do is take your old one into a hydraulic shop and ask them to make one up. I'd search for pirtech or better an independent local business. Just search for hydraulic suppliers in the Bristol area. You'll find someone local. It's a shame you didn't look into a hybrid as I did always find the standard t2 a bit laggy. Still good on you for keeping on!

Comment

Got a hydraulic pipe sorted locally cheers Phil

Hybrid is something i can look at later down the line, i just simply don't have the time to be experimenting - i need this sorted ASAP and as i managed to source a brand new turbo for £300 (comes with 36months warranty) it was a no brainer.

Returned from the body shop tonight, outer arches have had the grot cut out and tidied up.

Inner arches in the load bay have had very large sections cut out and thick steel welded in, this should last a long time

Primed up for the moment, i will paint these sections before Gaydon on 6th July.

The new turbo unit arrived and will be fitted tomorrow evening.

Need to refit replacement vacuum pump (i managed to snap a mounting lug off the old unit) and brake master cylinder from my beige donor car (as it was pinched by the previous owner whilst out of use)

Auto windscreens are coming to fit a new windscreen on Tuesday 24th as the original is badly cracked

Then MOT..... Starting to feel excited now!

Pictures attached.
        Attached Files

Comment

Almost there!

Turbo now fitted, brake master cylinder sorted and brakes bled.

New CV boot fitted as the old one was split, alternator belt replaced due to squealing.

Checked the operation of all lights, washer jets etc. Found both rear fogs didn't work and one washer jet blocked. - Can't stand failing MOTs on silly daft things which take minutes to check/sort.

Windscreen to be fitted and then off for MOT
          Attached Files

Comment

the van is looking good

Comment

I'd seriously consider binning that air filter, you saw what state your old turbo was in!

Comment

The air filter isn't the reason that turbo looked so mullared. I think it must have been run without an air filter
                www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

I saw what happened to mine with a k&n, it looked similar.

Comment

Windscreen now changed, need to change the exhaust downpipe tomorrow as i managed to snap one of the prongs which the springs hook onto. Ordered the last one from Rimmers.

My only concerns for the MOT this week is the front wheels rub on full lock, i don't know whether they will let it slide or not

It is imperative that i get it MOT'd this week ready for the Gaydon show on Sunday, does anyone have a set of van steels i could pick up at short notice one night this week if it comes to it??

Comment

I got some 13" ones but a bit far to come

Comment

Originally posted by Oli View Post
                        Windscreen now changed, need to change the exhaust downpipe tomorrow as i managed to snap one of the prongs which the springs hook onto. Ordered the last one from Rimmers.

My only concerns for the MOT this week is the front wheels rub on full lock, i don't know whether they will let it slide or not

It is imperative that i get it MOT'd this week ready for the Gaydon show on Sunday, does anyone have a set of van steels i could pick up at short notice one night this week if it comes to it??
                        Fit some skinnier tyres? 195/50/15 would be a good one to start with.
                        www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                        www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                        www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Well i'm pleased to announce it passed it's MOT today with only 1 advisory!

Not bad for 3 years off the road, roll on Gaydon

Comment

Working...
                          X