Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

French MG Montego Turbo

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by raylyd View Post
    Nice Monty there
    Thanks, it's getting there slowly
    Fired an air line down the blocked tank and completely blocked.
    I do have an efi tank will swop for that
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
    2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

    Comment


    • #77
      Picked up some lovely rare new trim today and a couple of days ago for this and other cars. Details to follow
      Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 20th August 2015, 06:03.
      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
      2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
      2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
        Picked up some lovely rare new trim today for this. Details to follow
        NOS gutter trims
        Attached Files
        1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
        1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
        1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
        2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
        2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

        Comment


        • #79
          NOS rear window surrounds and NOS front door seals.
          Rare finds
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 20th August 2015, 15:21.
          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
          1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
          2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
          2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

          Comment


          • #80
            Last of the new badges turned up today, so I now have a full set of new ones.
            Been a little busy on other cars but they're now done.
            New wishbones and front bushes on my wife's MGTF, replace the front on my new MGTF and get the MGF ready for sale so I should be able to re-start working on this car soon.
            Attached Files
            1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
            1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
            1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
            2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
            2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

            Comment


            • #81
              While removing the tank and before the heavens opened I found more rot and mice have been in I think as I found lots of material behind the box section
              Attached Files
              1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
              1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
              1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
              2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
              2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

              Comment


              • #82
                Turbo now up and running, well it was
                New tank going on, note the extra pipes

                This is what greeted me when stripping the carb



                All on and moved the fuel filter
                Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 29th August 2015, 14:28.
                1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                Comment


                • #83
                  Started on the button got nice and warm and revved freely till............it died and wont start. Fuel related again as it's trying to go so not yet sorted the problem. Will try again in the morning when the engine is cold

                  1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                  1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                  1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                  2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                  2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    What's the fuel pressure, have you gauge to test? Last time I had problem like that was the regulator, would tick over and rev all day soon has went to drive would cut out, and take ages to restart
                    MG Maestro turbo 437
                    367 Bhp

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by charliecosworth View Post
                      What's the fuel pressure, have you gauge to test? Last time I had problem like that was the regulator, would tick over and rev all day soon has went to drive would cut out, and take ages to restart
                      I do have another regulator at my barn so will swop it over as ive been messing with this one. I don't have a gauge atm
                      Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 30th August 2015, 06:04.
                      1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                      1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                      1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                      2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                      2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Hi Jeff - plastic fuel filter looks flimsy for a rising rate pressurized system. There are stronger glass type on ebay that would handle it safer.

                        www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

                        2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by Mike Brock View Post
                          Hi Jeff - plastic fuel filter looks flimsy for a rising rate pressurized system. There are stronger glass type on ebay that would handle it safer.
                          Thanks Mike but had a plastic one on my black turbo for a awhile now without any problems.
                          With the amount of pressure created when the return was blocked didn't make it crack so I have to assume it tough enough.
                          1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                          1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                          1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                          2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                          2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Started on the button, runs a bit rough and doesn't rev well now so will service the engine, change the cambelt and waterpump next as all is over 10 years old.
                            1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                            1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                            1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                            2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                            2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Still not heard anything about a log book, but the DVLA have cashed my cheque for it on the 25th August so here's hoping
                              1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                              1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                              1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                              2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                              2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
                                Still not heard anything about a log book, but the DVLA have cashed my cheque for it on the 25th August so here's hoping
                                Extreme frustration with the DVLA etc
                                No one actually answers the ruddy phone.
                                Supposedly sent me correspondence, not received, emails not replied for 3 days. ahhhh
                                Now have to register the car with HMRC but I have to register with that.
                                Will not let me in the site and will not answer the help line. Been trying now for days without any reply and now been told it could be a £5 day fine for not registering within 14 days of import.
                                I will break it at this rate
                                1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
                                1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser finished
                                1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
                                2004 Rover 75 Conny auto
                                2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X