Million Mile Montego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Million Mile Montego

Just done its 1,250,000 mile service, since it is run in now I treated it to some Slick 50 which my old SD1 seemed to like. Be interesting to see if it makes any difference in these days of modern oil. The fan belt looked a bit tired, so changed it, annoyingly I have several of the longer (bigger alternator pulley) belts, but this takes the shorter one, must restock!
    Attached Files

Used to put slick 50 in my mk3 zephyr 4 many years ago.
    Good to know the car is still going with those miles. Knew it when it was in baby miles lol
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
    1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
    2003 MGZT V8. BRG and new project
    2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
    2004 MGZT V8. Black I love this car

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
      Used to put slick 50 in my mk3 zephyr 4 many years ago.
      Good to know the car is still going with those miles. Knew it when it was in baby miles lol
      I didn't know you could still get Slick 50 until recently, I remember the SD1 used less fuel after putting it in, if it has the same effect on this I'll need a bigger fuel tank to store the diesel that the engine is creating! Think it had about 1,180,000 miles on when Mal had it, but he only found out about the million a while after he bought it, seller must have forgotten to mention it

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post

I didn't know you could still get Slick 50 until recently, I remember the SD1 used less fuel after putting it in, if it has the same effect on this I'll need a bigger fuel tank to store the diesel that the engine is creating! Think it had about 1,180,000 miles on when Mal had it, but he only found out about the million a while after he bought it, seller must have forgotten to mention it
        Yeah I mean't when Mal got it with only that mileage before it got butchered by a so called friend who also stole off him

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post

Yeah I mean't when Mal got it with only that mileage before it got butchered by a so called friend who also stole off him
          Yes, I saw some of the butchery first hand, half a tube of red hermetite blocking the cylinder head waterways & an 'accident waiting to happen' blend of metric & imperial brake fittings were the least amusing...the b pillar tiger sealed to the sills was quite an impressive piece of bodging as well, probably took as long as doing it properly. Might find some more when I finally get around to the respray

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post

Yes, I saw some of the butchery first hand, half a tube of red hermetite blocking the cylinder head waterways & an 'accident waiting to happen' blend of metric & imperial brake fittings were the least amusing...the b pillar tiger sealed to the sills was quite an impressive piece of bodging as well, probably took as long as doing it properly. Might find some more when I finally get around to the respray
            Don't think he knew what he was doing to be honest

Comment

Working...
            X