No announcement yet.

The Rally Maestro project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our sentiments exactly so we wonder if we should go elsewhere, Baldock has been mentioned as an alterntative to set it up. It doesnt feel like 92bhp when driving it.

We need some steel 14 inch wheels - ideally tip top nick - I think Countrydude mentioned he might have some but this was ages ago. Any suggestions?

Comment

• I have a 1600 R series engine, VW gearbox and twin choke carb for sale if that is any good??

Also got a brand new set of cheesegrater alloys and a second hand set for sale too? They look quite a durable design......other than that you could ask Gothbiker on here whether he knows of anyone with steel wheels?

Good luck anyway as the project seems to be going very well.

Comment

• I got some 14 inch steels in VGC from Brummie Phil recently. Perhaps you could try him. You want the later stronger front bearings not the weaker early ones that sometimes show up on fleabay. Great project and good luck.

Comment

• PARTS AVAILABLE ENGINES GEARBOX YOU NAME IT I HAVE GOT IT

JUST CONTACT ME ASAP IF THEY DON'T GO I AM WEIGHING THEM IN

Comment

• Originally posted by njwe View Post
            JUST CONTACT ME ASAP IF THEY DON'T GO I AM WEIGHING THEM IN
            Would help if you told people where in the country you are?

Comment

• Originally posted by Philip Young View Post
              Our sentiments exactly so we wonder if we should go elsewhere, Baldock has been mentioned as an alterntative to set it up. It doesnt feel like 92bhp when driving it.

We need some steel 14 inch wheels - ideally tip top nick - I think Countrydude mentioned he might have some but this was ages ago. Any suggestions?
              If you want it setup then call Neil Slark, he's a Mini tuner who knows SU's inside out.

www.slarkraceengineering.co.uk

He's tuned the Gooon on many occasions

Comment

• Gasket requirements: Where will we get a crankshaft oil seal? Anyone any ideas, we obviously want a new one. Also a sump gasket.

Has anyone got any spare suspension units complete with springs and shocks which we can refurbish, we have available a full set that can be bolted straight on as complete units.

Anyone got any Montego 14 inch steel wheels?

...thanks. Philip

Comment

• This car will be a great boost to the Maestro 'brand' generally -it will be great to see the model still competing in high level rallies 20 years on.

Comment

Gasket requirements: Where will we get a crankshaft oil seal? Anyone any ideas, we obviously want a new one. Also a sump gasket.

Has anyone got any spare suspension units complete with springs and shocks which we can refurbish, we have available a full set that can be bolted straight on as complete units.

...thanks. Philip
                    Brett Sims might be able to help as he seems to be able to track down old engine parts or find an alternative, tell him Ratty suggested you call

He builds all my engines and is a very helpful guy, total genius with cylinder heads

http://www.brettsimsmotorsport.co.uk/contact.html

Comment

Gasket requirements: Where will we get a crankshaft oil seal? Anyone any ideas, we obviously want a new one. Also a sump gasket.

...thanks. Philip
                      still looking for the above items, plus a distributor and ECU pack.

Yes, in answer to Ratty, the Maestro could do wonders for the image if it does well on this event - the car has had hundreds of hours devoted to it by the generosity of Tony Fowkes, and the two girls are not inthe usual girlie-mould, they have a lot of experience behind them. Anyone who is a member or reader of this forum in the Kent area might like to watch their progress - route info will follow for those who would like to get out on the night of Jan lst.

Comment

• Local motor-factors in Didcot, Interpart, have found two crankshaft oil seals and a sump gasket. Brill !

Still could do with a set of steel 14 inch Montego wheels, and a spare complete set of suspension struts.

( Countrydude, did you see my PM re coil. )

Comment

• If you still plan to pop over , there are steel rims here, but the tyres will need replacing.

May even have other parts here that you might need.

Comment

• Will take you up on that, a PM on its way.

Desperate for a clutch cable - any suggestions, anyone?

Comment

• I got this reply when I asked about wheels from this ebay breaker in Birmingham.
                              The listing ended 20th August.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Hi,

The wheels are 14 inch yes and in good condition. If you collect it will be £60 for the four, or £90 delivered.

Kind regards,
                              Nathan
                              Hall Green Spares
                              www.hallgreenspares.com

Your probably sorted now though.

Comment

• I suppose with 4 good tyres on £60 isn't bad, but if the tyres are crap then isn't that a bit expensive? or am i just out of touch with scrap prices.... I gave up looking for Maestro stuff in scrap yards about 7 years ago!
                                CURRENT FLEET:
                                1986 (C) Montego 1.6 HL Estate - Owned since Feb 2011
                                1990 (H) Maestro 1.3 LX -Owned since December 2001
                                1978 (T) Chrysler Avenger 1.6GL - Owned since April 2011
                                2006 (06) Ford Focus Titanium 1.8 TDCi - Owned since Feb 2007
                                1972 (L) - Hillman Avenger 1500 Super - Owned Since July 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X