No announcement yet.

Headlining Trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this thread has inspired me to look at sorting out my Montego Estate headlining

after reading this through (thanks for a great step-by-step F153JUE) I have just one question, anyone got any thoughts on how to get all the big studs that hold the headlining up in a monty looking new/good ?

Comment

Re: Headlining material

Originally posted by matthewsemple
      This is the only one that would cost £22.91 for three metres with VAT - it looks like it is vinyl - is that what you used?

Empire Grey (very light grey) ............... only £6.50 Per mtr
      Hi Matt,

Nope, I used Empire grey. (6.50x3)x1.175=£22.91

Was tempted to use the more expensive cloths though. There are some really nice brown/beige ones available for cars with brownish interiors. Would suit a Mk.1 Oporto Red VP very nicely, for example.
      You can contact me by clicking here.
      Owner of E760 DRY - Mk. 2 Shantung Gold Maestro Vanden Plas 2.0 EFi

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. - Sir Peter Ustinov.

Comment

Originally posted by JonCooper
        Anyone got any thoughts on how to get all the big studs that hold the headlining up in a monty looking new/good ?
        Well, when I replaced F153's headlining with a new one a while back, all I did was get some fairy liquid and a toothbrush and gently scrub clean the original ones under a running tap.

You could always nip to a scrapper and get some clean(er) ones - it's very odd how they get caught on clothing and sort of end up in your pocket when you least expect them to....
        You can contact me by clicking here.
        Owner of E760 DRY - Mk. 2 Shantung Gold Maestro Vanden Plas 2.0 EFi

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. - Sir Peter Ustinov.

Comment

thanks, for some reason I thought they were covered in fabric in some way; on checking, I see they arn't - shouldn't be too hard to find a few good ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
            Do you perchance have a sunroof fitted? That to me looks like the sunroof expanding foam strip...
            I'm just about ready to replace my headlining and the last couple of weeks bits of crumbling foam have been appearing on the floor, so I'm guessing mine's disintegrating too ! BTW just bought material from Woollies all the old grey coloured linings seem to have been replaced with one called Oatmeal. Wish me luck, some prayer would be appreciated too !

Comment

Originally posted by Soulcharger View Post

I'm just about ready to replace my headlining and the last couple of weeks bits of crumbling foam have been appearing on the floor, so I'm guessing mine's disintegrating too ! BTW just bought material from Woollies all the old grey coloured linings seem to have been replaced with one called Oatmeal. Wish me luck, some prayer would be appreciated too !
              Easy job, have a search for my guide
              1958 Ford Consul Convertible. I love this car
              1965 Ford Zodiac Executive. Fab cruiser being restored
              1997 Jaguar Xk8 Convertible. Such a fab car
              2004 MGZT cdti. Great workhorse
              2004 MGZT V8. I love this car

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post

Easy if you know how ha ha ha...I'm going to do all of mine at once, but still have a vision of me ending up looking like a mummy wrapped up in headlining material and a workshop full of spiders web style glue strands

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post

Hi, I did find a Montego on the site, is this yours ?

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post

Easy if you know how ha ha ha...I'm going to do all of mine at once, but still have a vision of me ending up looking like a mummy wrapped up in headlining material and a workshop full of spiders web style glue strands
                    I intend to do some "dummy runs" for glueing material to liner.

Comment

Originally posted by Soulcharger View Post

Hi, I did find a Montego on the site, is this yours ?
                      Yep, same principle

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordiesel77 View Post

Ha ha, bit like me and wallpaper

Comment

Working...
                        X