• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this engine in the civic type R ? or am thinking about different one
    MG Maestro turbo 437
    367 Bhp

Comment

I think it is - the top runners in the fwd championship at santapod use it to good effect with over a 1000hp. Must be the best fwd engine in the world in terms of reliability and how much power can be had. Nice to see it in a maestro as go faster parts are plentiful - good engine choice indeed.

www.mgmaestroturbo.com Home of the Twincharged Maestro.

2014 Vauxhall Mokka 4x4 Turbo - Tech line

Comment

Yeah, you get them from a civic type-r or integra type-r.

And yes, endless performance upgrades which is obviously something we lack with our cars

Hoping it goes as well as we think it will

Comment

Last edited by g200mss #146; 11th January 2021, 00:02.

Comment

Never known a maestro that's received that much attention to detail - ever! Museum quality - completely blown away.

Comment

You are making us all look like cowboys!!

Such a nice build!!! :-)
              *****MG Maestro Turbo # 496*****
              Follow me at
              FourNineSix

Comment

Cheers guys. You both have awesome projects too amongst others on here. Im just happy to be a part of it and Im glad yous like what Im doing.

The rally I planned on entering is this saturday. Owell. I suppose I'll just have to go and watch and see who my opposition will be for next year

Comment

I plan to replace most of the metric nuts/bolts/washers around engine bay and suspension. I've spoken with http://www.namrick.co.uk/ who advise me to send them what I have to see what they could do. I notice you have replaced everything for new and I'm wondering how you tackled the solution? Any advice much appreciated as usual.

cheers

mike...

Comment

Mike, I use a company called margnor-online.co.uk

They have the easiest site to navigate round and they have pretty much everything Ive needed. All I did was measure the bolts after taking them off and ordered from them. You would probably be cheaper going to a local fastener company though as you'd cut out the postage costs
                    Last edited by g200mss #146; 29th October 2014, 18:19.

Comment

That's very interesting thank you - I will use them.

Regarding your drive shafts - can you recommend a one shop supplier in new parts for them? I would like to rebuild them myself though?

Did you just paint your hubs or new?

I've actually have a few query's I would like to put to you - I hope you don't mind?

Comment

Ask as many questions as you want. Im happy to help

The only maestro part on my shafts is the outer cv's. 32 spline ones for a turbo. I'll try and find the company I got them from. They were possibly recon I cant remember. Im not sure where you would get parts to recon them yourself but I have contacts I can ask.

I painted the hubs. Couldnt find them new anywhere.

Comment

If you can remember even where you got the shafts done that would be great. Regarding your polly anti roll bar links - are these off the shelf or custom made?

Interesting what you have done to the slam panel.

cheers

mike...

Comment

hiya, nice work! if you dont mind me asking... where did you get the fibre glass tailgate from? and how much? cheers, jake.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Brock View Post
                              If you can remember even where you got the shafts done that would be great. Regarding your polly anti roll bar links - are these off the shelf or custom made?

Interesting what you have done to the slam panel.

cheers

mike...
                              Sorry Mike, didnt see this until now.

Martin Tinker at Mann Transmissions made my shafts. 07836 266692

The arb links are mk2 golf items with mk2 golf powerflex bushes. The diameter at the ends of the arb on the maestro are around 13-14mm so I sleeved the ends to fit the powerflex bushes (I think they were 18mm or 20mm inner diameter) I can check if you like

I modified the slam panel to let more air in. Mostly because my first plan was to fit individual throttle bodies and a huge filter was going to sit in right behind the opening. I since realised ITB's are not worth the money on the Honda engine as the inlet side is so far advanced as standard compared to zetecs etc which see 30-40hp increase with ITB's. But the bigger opening will still help with my current setup!
                              Last edited by g200mss #146; 4th November 2014, 18:58.

Comment

Originally posted by mg turbo *70* View Post
                                hiya, nice work! if you dont mind me asking... where did you get the fibre glass tailgate from? and how much? cheers, jake.

Cheers The tailgate was made by the previous owner. Im planning on making a mould so I can reproduce. Id also like to make a fibreglass bonnet mould too. I have enough on my plate just now though!

Comment

Working...
                                X