2004 MG 'M' Day Pre-Event Camping & BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 MG 'M' Day Pre-Event Camping & BBQ

Myself and a few other forum members are planning to have a camp-over on the evening of the 3rd July before the MG 'M' day event. This is a nice opportunity to have a relaxed journey to the event and have a BBQ and a bit of a laugh the night before and arrive at the event on Sunday nice and refreshed.

I have booked a few places at a campsite called Lodge Farm which is 7 miles or so away from the event. There is a £5 charge to pitch your tent and caravans are also available to hire overnight for a small sum.

Feel free to come down and join us...

I plan to come, looks like a nice campsite and should be a good laugh. Certainly breaks the journey up.
    Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Looking forward to it now Should be good fun
      Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

Count me in...
        Rich Smith

"Joe", aka "The Ryton Express", aka E838 VJO. Peugeot 309SR main car
        "Kryten", aka A560 SCW. Left hand drive MG Maestro 1600 'R' second in command
        "Fleagle", aka F929 NNA. Montego 1.6L saloon stored, status "doubts set in"
        "Cracow", aka CCW 925Y Maestro Vanden Plas - the oldest known to the Club stored, status "will fight another day - eventually"

You can email me here

Comment

put me down as well , please
          Tony Hague

A clear enthusiast - or a nutter?

Comment

From what i can tell on other forums, camping is very linited in the local area on this weekend. Anyone else who is interested, please let me know, as i have to 'phone up the campsite this weekend to confirm our numbers...

Comment

Looking forward to it - Simon 2 (F153) and I shall be joining the happy campers for some viands and drunken tomfoolery.

Comment

Sounds like it's going to be fun. Those who are planning to meet up on the day and drive in convoy, do you perhaps fancy driving by the campsite and picking us up?

A nice leisurely 7 mile drive from there to the event, with loads of other Maestros and Montegos would do nicely.
                You can contact me by clicking here.
                Owner of E760 DRY - Mk. 2 Shantung Gold Maestro Vanden Plas 2.0 EFi

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. - Sir Peter Ustinov.

Comment

Originally posted by F153JUE
                  Sounds like it's going to be fun. Those who are planning to meet up on the day and drive in convoy, do you perhaps fancy driving by the campsite and picking us up?

A nice leisurely 7 mile drive from there to the event, with loads of other Maestros and Montegos would do nicely.

Yep,join up in the convoy would be fine. BTW, i'll drop you a mail later.

Comment

I like the idea of beer/food/tomfoolery but I'm a rubbish camper. As I'm a lounge lizard, I like my home comforts too much. I tried camping once in Banbury in 1988 when I was a lot younger
                    M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
                    Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

The site also rents out static caravans for the less hardy of us.
                      www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
                      www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
                      www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Originally posted by Simon
                        I like the idea of beer/food/tomfoolery but I'm a rubbish camper. As I'm a lounge lizard, I like my home comforts too much. I tried camping once in Banbury in 1988 when I was a lot younger
                        Pah! A hollow excuse if there ever was one!

C'mon, it probably won't rain and there probably won't be gale-force winds, just like this weekend

It'd be great to see you there.

SR.
                        You can contact me by clicking here.
                        Owner of E760 DRY - Mk. 2 Shantung Gold Maestro Vanden Plas 2.0 EFi

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. - Sir Peter Ustinov.

Comment

OK People....

Now to get the ball rolling on that idea of mine!!!!!

How about the left hand bottom of the rear window you display the following:

MG1600S -Forum user name
                          Nick Bonthrone -Your real name
                          Mobile number -Optional mobile number

So everybody knows who everybody is and can contact one another....

Please don't put my details in your car as it might be confussing!!!
                          1994 Maestro Clubman TD 215K and counting!
                          WANTED! Maestro steel sunroof '86 on - any condition!

Comment

Originally posted by MG1600S
                            OK People....

Now to get the ball rolling on that idea of mine!!!!!

How about the left hand bottom of the rear window you display the following:

MG1600S -Forum user name
                            Nick Bonthrone -Your real name
                            Mobile number -Optional mobile number

So everybody knows who everybody is and can contact one another....

Please don't put my details in your car as it might be confussing!!!
                            sounds like a good idea to me . mine will be in the front screen tho
                            Tony Hague

A clear enthusiast - or a nutter?

Comment

Assuming bodywork and MOT are done by Saturday (going to be VERY tight!!), I don't think my car or I will need extra identification :laugh:
                              A closed mouth gathers no foot

Maestro Vanden Plas
                              Maestro Camper Van
                              Maestro 1.3L
                              Fiat 500 Sport 1.3JTD

Comment

Working...
                              X