2004 MG 'M' Day Pre-Event Camping & BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaestroMatt
    What? I beg your pardon? I don't remember saying regardless of the weather! I'm a fair weather camper, me.
    The problem is that if we're in St. Ives we have no idea whether or not it's raining in Coventry so we'll have to go there to find out and once we're there we might as well stay because it's a long way home! Besides I've never been to a rainy Maestro day so it's not going to rain....

On the subject of the barbeque, I'll purchase a proper metal one and some charcoal as I hate disposable barbeques. We can all use this to cook and if you feel like making a small contribution to the cost then that'd be most welcome! If I should fail to acquire one then we can always buy the small Satan's cookers on the day.

SR.
    You can contact me by clicking here.
    Owner of E760 DRY - Mk. 2 Shantung Gold Maestro Vanden Plas 2.0 EFi

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. - Sir Peter Ustinov.

Comment

Originally posted by F153JUE
      The problem is that if we're in St. Ives we have no idea whether or not it's raining in Coventry so we'll have to go there to find out and once we're there we might as well stay because it's a long way home! Besides I've never been to a rainy Maestro day so it's not going to rain....

On the subject of the barbeque, I'll purchase a proper metal one and some charcoal as I hate disposable barbeques. We can all use this to cook and if you feel like making a small contribution to the cost then that'd be most welcome! If I should fail to acquire one then we can always buy the small Satan's cookers on the day.

SR.
      Re "is it raining", have a look on BBC Weather Site - again... , press 'play' and try to estimate when the rain will get there... :laugh:

Like the comment about Satan's Cookers though! :laugh:

We're going shopping in Rugby anyway, after arriving at the site, and will all be pooling funds, so I don't see why contributions to a 'proper' barbie can't be made as well.
      Rich Smith

"Joe", aka "The Ryton Express", aka E838 VJO. Peugeot 309SR main car
      "Kryten", aka A560 SCW. Left hand drive MG Maestro 1600 'R' second in command
      "Fleagle", aka F929 NNA. Montego 1.6L saloon stored, status "doubts set in"
      "Cracow", aka CCW 925Y Maestro Vanden Plas - the oldest known to the Club stored, status "will fight another day - eventually"

You can email me here

Comment

Originally posted by e692wtt
        Re "is it raining", have a look on BBC Weather Site - again... , press 'play' and try to estimate when the rain will get there... :laugh:
        I keep telling you guys: It's not going to rain!!!

If it rains, I'll eat my hat*

*'eat' meaning 'wear'

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. - Sir Peter Ustinov.

Comment

http://uk.w3.weather.com/weather/loc...X0038?x=15&y=2

It's looking better,,,,, I reckon it will be fine. As Simon said, its never yet rained at a show except maybe a few drops. Fingers crossed.

Gareth

Comment

I live about 5 miles from Coombe Abbey, and it's absolutely piddling it down here....with a touch of thunder, no joke!

Fingers crossed it will be a bit better Sunday morning!

Comment

I think there may be a giant gazeebo on the MMOC stand for everyone to huddle under if the heavens do open.
              www.maestroturbo.org.uk - The Tickford Maestro Turbo Register
              www.rover200.org.uk - The Rover 200/400 (R8) Owners Club
              www.roverdiesel.co.uk - My Rover Diesel Site

Comment

Weather

Originally posted by E_T_V
                I think there may be a giant gazeebo on the MMOC stand for everyone to huddle under if the heavens do open.
                The MMOC, MG M Group, Z-register and one of the traders have gazebos so it's almost an indoor event anyway!

www.weather.co.uk has better weather than the BBC website so lets hope they are right.

If the weather is like it has been in Bristol this week it will rin for 5 minutes quite heavily and then be dry for 3 or 4 hours so we might be okay.

I'm taking an umbrella, just in case

If you are camping in a ridge tent make sure you have at least 6 inches between your inner tent and the flysheet and your pegs and ropes are secure. :laugh:

Comment

It's lovely and clear at the moment here in sunny Suffolk.

The weather.co.uk seems to give a better forecast than the BBC and tends to be more accurate i have found.

Comment

Weather forecast

Originally posted by MGTurbo
                    It's lovely and clear at the moment here in sunny Suffolk.

The weather.co.uk seems to give a better forecast than the BBC and tends to be more accurate i have found.
                    Good!

It's 8.45 and we have a blue sky, lots of sunshine and a few white fluffy clouds here in Bristol.

Comment

hello ppl

the ones who was camping will know me.

the red metro driver that hijacked the camp lol

hope you all had a good show.

Comment

Welcome to the forums, Metro Mike!

Yeah, It was great to meet your and your friends today and particularly kind of your guys to fix us breakfast in such a capabe manner.

Take a look at the Events section and then come to the BL/BMC day on the 1st August. We'll be camping again then!

Didn't get a chance to say good bye so please pass on our warmest regards to your friends as well.

Bfn

Simon R (Light bue Maestro VP)
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by SimonR; 4th July 2004, 19:37.

Comment

A few more pics:
                          Attached Files

Comment

thanx was nice to meet another bunch of enthusists(nutters).

will let you know about the next camping, should be able to if u dont mind some metros tagigng along.

will pass on ur comments to bev an stew. rain an hayfever were starting to play havoc so it was decided to call it aday

hope noone had any gremlins on the way home

Comment

Originally posted by F153JUE
                              A few more pics:

why is it these cars look so familia ?

Comment

Originally posted by metro mike
                                thanx was nice to meet another bunch of enthusists(nutters).

will let you know about the next camping, should be able to if u dont mind some metros tagigng along.
                                The more, the merrier, I'm sure.

Originally posted by metro mike
                                will pass on ur comments to bev an stew. rain an hayfever were starting to play havoc so it was decided to call it aday

hope noone had any gremlins on the way home
                                Yeah, please do, show Bev the picture I took of her in the Rover Sports Club shirt - I hope she doesn't mind!

Get in touch again around 1st of aug, at the very latest...

Comment

Working...
                                X