Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F915-NWC
    why is it these cars look so familia ?
    Possibly because they are Maestros and Montegos owned by forum members...
    Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
    VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
    J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

WRONG

Ive MOT "Assisted" These Cars Through Out Their Mots .. Or The Red One Atlest , And He Lives Just Round The.. Bear ... (Corner)

Comment

Great to see everyone. I feel knackered even though I only went there a couple of hours (I went as far as junction 12 then turned back to get directions, holding me up an hour or so) due to not joining the northern convoy. Glad I went though as I managed to sell a couple of things and pick up a new passenger door.

1989 MG Maestro Turbo no.399

1994 Maestro Clubman Turbo Diesel

Comment

im sure we'll be up for camping again, will have to bring more beer as we ran otu this time lol.

u seen the news about the strange glowing ufo spotted in the area last night? an strange aliens drinking purple stuff?

suprised u didnt get bev posing for it better she usually does lol

Comment

Originally posted by metro mike
            im sure we'll be up for camping again, will have to bring more beer as we ran otu this time lol.

u seen the news about the strange glowing ufo spotted in the area last night? an strange aliens drinking purple stuff?

suprised u didnt get bev posing for it better she usually does lol
            sound slike there was to much beer there 4 you mate

Comment

Here's a stitched together photo of the line-up at the end of the day. Click the thumbnail for a better hi-res picture.

You can contact me by clicking here.
              Owner of E760 DRY - Mk. 2 Shantung Gold Maestro Vanden Plas 2.0 EFi

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. - Sir Peter Ustinov.

Comment

WRONG

Ive MOT "Assisted" These Cars Through Out Their Mots .. Or The Red One Atlest , And He Lives Just Round The.. Bear ... (Corner)

Wrong. You mean this one?

Comment

sound slike there was to much beer there 4 you mate
                  was either that or not enough, have to try more next time to check.

good excuse :laugh:

Comment

Good fun had by all!

Special thanks to our Metro neighbours at the campsite. Hope to see you at more events.

Comment

nice to have meet you mike and your crew, a good night was had by all .still got the thick head the next day to prove it :laugh:
                      ps , do u the metros guys have a website? and do you have a link to it please
                      Tony Hague

A clear enthusiast - or a nutter?

Comment

www.roversportsclub.com
                        is the one for the stand which we was on

or if you want to complain about the noise
                        www.performancemetro.com was the noisy lot next door lol

was a very good night , im sure they'll be more

Comment

Actually I was lying when I said I eventually turned up, M170 left without me as it was fed up of waiting :laugh: .

1989 MG Maestro Turbo no.399

1994 Maestro Clubman Turbo Diesel

Comment

Another very enjoyable weekend and a real bonus, as always, to meet a few more like-minded nutters

As mentioned elsewhere it did strike me that overall numbers of Maestros/Montegos might have been slightly down (discounting of course those that had broken and had to be substituted for R800s at the last moment!!). There were quite a few cars I'd not seen before which is encouraging, and car of the show for me had to be Nick's black MG1600.

I've put a few of my pictures from the show itself up on the server, we'll get around to doing a page sometime!

http://www.maestro.org.uk/events/MG040704/
                            Jonathan Sellars

1987 MG Maestro 2.0 EFi
                            2011 Jaguar XJ

Comment

Originally posted by MGTurbo
                              Wrong. You mean this one?

Nah, he means mine - I took it to his dad's garage for MoT a couple of months back. The young whippersnapper had the gall to try and fail it on an unadjustable headlight beam - I soon showed him a thing or two (by fixing it and taking it back... )

Comment

Originally posted by MaestroMatt
                                Nah, he means mine - I took it to his dad's garage for MoT a couple of months back. The young whippersnapper had the gall to try and fail it on an unadjustable headlight beam - I soon showed him a thing or two (by fixing it and taking it back... )

Good for you! Wouldnt take it there again!

Comment

Working...
                                X