No announcement yet.

2004 MG 'M' Day Pre-Event Camping & BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope he weather holds out for you guys on Saturday, and on Sunday, for that matter. The forecast is shoddy.

Rain has threatened on one or two occasions in the five years I've been vistiting these shows. The last weeks in June and first weeks in July are nearly always unpredictable - the so-called "Wimbledon Weeks"! I think the clubs organising the event (mainly MGM Group, I think) should look at organising future events maybe a week or two later than currently.
    Regards
    John Orrell

MG Maestro Turbos 396 and 502
    MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Weather

Originally posted by G51 NAV
      I hope he weather holds out for you guys on Saturday, and on Sunday, for that matter. The forecast is shoddy.
      BBC 5-day forecast looks okay to me John:
      Attached Files

Comment

Link to REAL site

Sorry, that is too cruel - here is a link to the site so we can keep an eye on things:

Coventry 5-day forecast from BBC Weather

Today in Bristol we had cloud, raindrop and half a sun but it only rained for about 20 minutes this morning and the rest of the day was warm.

I have been checking this regularly and it changes by the hour. Fingers crossed

Comment

Originally posted by matthewsemple
          Sorry, that is too cruel - here is a link to the site so we can keep an eye on things:

Coventry 5-day forecast from BBC Weather

Today in Bristol we had cloud, raindrop and half a sun but it only rained for about 20 minutes this morning and teh rest of the day was warm.

I have been checking this regularly and it changes by the hour. Fingers crossed
          I've done this today too. Its not looking too good but fingers crossed it will be ok.

This is also a good one to look at =
          http://uk.w3.weather.com/weather/loc...X0038?x=15&y=2

Comment

It's going to rain. Happy camping

Having said that conditions at the moment are very unsettled and based on the last week or so, I don't think you can really tell until the day itself!
            Attached Files
            Jonathan Sellars

1987 MG Maestro 2.0 EFi
            2011 Jaguar XJ

Comment

Oooh, can we have the lovely Lisa Burke do the weather for us?
              Attached Files
              Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
              VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
              J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

She's nice. She can come round and polish my head and grease my nipples anytime. On the car, of course. Then in return I'd give her a good servicing and oil-change :laugh:
                Regards
                John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

She's nice. She can come round and polish my head and grease my nipples anytime. On the car, of course. Then in return I'd give her a good servicing and oil-change :laugh:

You dirty old man! :laugh:

Comment

Post of the year! Well done that man!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
                    Steve Worsley

R514 RVJ - 1998 Rover Maestro 1.3 - Restoration
                    VX12 EBG - 2012 MG-6 GT 1.8T SE - Stored
                    J209 PEL - 1991 Rover Maestro 1.3 Clubman - Running

Comment

Originally posted by MGTurbo
                      You dirty old man! :laugh:
                      Oi, less of the 'old'!

Anyways, many a good tune played on an old instrument

And everyone knows old tools were built better, stronger, and last longer. My ex-girlfriends don't call me "Andrex" for nothing
                      Last edited by G51 NAV; 1st July 2004, 21:17.
                      Regards
                      John Orrell

MG ZT190+ (53 plate)

Comment

Oi, less of the 'old'!

Anyways, many a good tune played on an old instrument

Old as in figure of speech, meant in a nice way

Comment

Back to camping for just a sec...

I presume Simon and Matt, you are still joining us on Saturday night? The rest of us will be turning up for roughly 5 o'clock.

Nothing much more has been said about our proposed trip to the museum beforehand so are we still undecided there?

Lets hope there is good weather so we can get our BBQ lit - or else we go hungry!

:laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by RDGelder
                            Back to camping for just a sec...

I presume Simon and Matt, you are still joining us on Saturday night? The rest of us will be turning up for roughly 5 o'clock.

Nothing much more has been said about our proposed trip to the museum beforehand so are we still undecided there?

Lets hope there is good weather so we can get our BBQ lit - or else we go hungry!

:laugh:
                            Yeah, regardless of the weather Matt and I will be there happy camping (in the heterosexual sense, of course).

We've got stuff to do on Saturday morning so won't be there for the museum but will try to arrive at a similar time to you lot, it'll prolly be around 17:30 I'd have thought.

In terms of barbeque, what are your plans? If you are thinking of using disposable ones then I may nip to homebase and buy a cheapie reuseable one that everyone can use. It'll give me an excuse to camp over at Nene park in august as well! £20 buys a fairly respectable one these days.

See you there,

Simon R.
                            You can contact me by clicking here.
                            Owner of E760 DRY - Mk. 2 Shantung Gold Maestro Vanden Plas 2.0 EFi

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. - Sir Peter Ustinov.

Comment

Simon, we were planning on using disposable BBQ's - i'm not sure if we have any yet though, or are buying some on the day???

We will be visiting a Supermarket in Rugby soon after we arive at the Campsite anyway to purchase the necessities...

Comment

Originally posted by F153JUE
                                Yeah, regardless of the weather Matt and I will be there happy camping
                                What? I beg your pardon? I don't remember saying regardless of the weather! I'm a fair weather camper, me.

Comment

Working...
                                X