• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MG1600S
    MG1600S -Forum user name
    Nick Bonthrone -Your real name
    Mobile number -Optional mobile number

So everybody knows who everybody is and can contact one another....

Please don't put my details in your car as it might be confussing!!!
    Sort-of reminds me of the "handbuilt by roberts" car factory sketch off Not The Nine o'Clock News :laugh:

Good idea though, good thinking.

Hows about putting the same info in both front and rear windows? Just a thought - it would save everyone dancing round the back of everybody else's car...
    Rich Smith

"Joe", aka "The Ryton Express", aka E838 VJO. Peugeot 309SR main car
    "Kryten", aka A560 SCW. Left hand drive MG Maestro 1600 'R' second in command
    "Fleagle", aka F929 NNA. Montego 1.6L saloon stored, status "doubts set in"
    "Cracow", aka CCW 925Y Maestro Vanden Plas - the oldest known to the Club stored, status "will fight another day - eventually"

You can email me here

Comment

Now to get the ball rolling on that idea of mine!!!!!

How about the left hand bottom of the rear window you display the following:

MG1600S -Forum user name
      Nick Bonthrone -Your real name
      Mobile number -Optional mobile number

So everybody knows who everybody is and can contact one another....
      Great idea, mine will be displayed on the day....
      You can contact me by clicking here.
      Owner of E760 DRY - Mk. 2 Shantung Gold Maestro Vanden Plas 2.0 EFi

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. - Sir Peter Ustinov.

Comment

Originally posted by e692wtt
        Sort-of reminds me of the "handbuilt by roberts" car factory sketch off Not The Nine o'Clock News :laugh:

A've you seen the torque wrench Rob?....No, ask Rob down there....
        1994 Maestro Clubman TD 215K and counting!
        WANTED! Maestro steel sunroof '86 on - any condition!

Comment

Originally posted by e692wtt
          Sorry to drag this off topic a little more, but I believe the whole sketch was along the lines of "The New Fiat 600: Designed by computers, built by robots, driven by Italians" Thanks for reminding me of it Rich - always brings a smile to the face!

Re. us meeting up and driving in convoy from the campsite to the show ground: how are we going to do this?

Who's meeting up with Gareth on the way?

I'd suggest that we agree a time and as Gareth has my mobile number now we could just contact each other on the day if things go wrong...?

SR.
          You can contact me by clicking here.
          Owner of E760 DRY - Mk. 2 Shantung Gold Maestro Vanden Plas 2.0 EFi

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done. - Sir Peter Ustinov.

Comment

Originally posted by F153JUE
            Who's meeting up with Gareth on the way?

I'd suggest that we agree a time and as Gareth has my mobile number now we could just contact each other on the day if things go wrong...?

SR.

Yep, i am sorting out the finer details in the next couple of days.

Gareth

Comment

Originally posted by F153JUE
              Sorry to drag this off topic a little more, but I believe the whole sketch was along the lines of "The New Fiat 600: Designed by computers, built by robots, driven by Italians" Thanks for reminding me of it Rich - always brings a smile to the face!
              SR.
              Sorry! I was thinking of the Austin Ambassador sketch!! Built by Roberts!
              1994 Maestro Clubman TD 215K and counting!
              WANTED! Maestro steel sunroof '86 on - any condition!

Comment

Sorry! I was thinking of the Austin Ambassador sketch!! Built by Roberts!
                I thought it was the Morris Ital??? I clocked it though .

I'd forgotten the 'designed by robots, built by computer, driven by Italians' sketch, wasn't that a car barrel-rolling down the racetrack? :laugh: damn funny though!

Aye, great series, Not The Nine o'Clock News, happy days of telly... did you know Rowan Atkinson had to get his HGV Licence so he could drive the lorry in the song "I like Trucking!"?

Back on topic, if anyone wants to check the five day forecast for the weekend, they can look on here . Saturday looks ok so far...
                Rich Smith

"Cracow", aka CCW 925Y Maestro Vanden Plas - the oldest known to the Club stored, status "will fight another day - eventually"

You can email me here

Comment

Ah, Rowan Atkinson. I remember seeing the program 'The Driven Man' where he went on about his love for cars yet at the same time was concerned about what they were doing for the environment. Anyone remember the footage of him in a beige Maestro HLS learner car?

1989 MG Maestro Turbo no.399

1994 Maestro Clubman Turbo Diesel

Comment

Just wondering what time we are planning to have the BBQ on Saturday night at the campsite? Shall I suggest 7-7:30pm? Is everyone who is camping okay for directions?

Also I have had an idea for the Saturday Afternoon to make a weekend of it. Seeing as the Coventry Transport Museum has just been refurbished I thought it would be good to make an afternoon visiting it. Is anyone up for this?

It is apparently free, and houses the largest collection of British Road Transport in the world with over 230 cars and commercial vehicles, 250 cycles and 90 motorcycles.
                    Last edited by Beaker; 29th June 2004, 21:09.
                    Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club (for wedge shape rovers, including coupe, tourer and cabriolet). - www.rover200.org.uk

Comment

I fancy visiting the Museum too.

I have arranged for our party to arrive at the campsite at 5pm. Those of us who are camping can meet beforehand at the Museum and then proceed later to the campsite - or if you do not fancy the Museum, then we can meet up at 5pm.

Gareth, any more news on meeting us at the campsite on the Sunday morning with your convoy?

Comment

Aye, count me in for the museum too... as well as everything else :laugh:
                        Rich Smith

You can email me here

Comment

yes that should be a good day . i like to go too please
                          Tony Hague

A clear enthusiast - or a nutter?

Comment

The camper van won't be back from having a the dodgy bits sorted out, thanks to rear arch panels not arriving on time and the original paint colour being discontinued, so I definitely won't be camping, and don't even know if I'm coming to MGM now
                            A closed mouth gathers no foot

Maestro Vanden Plas
                            Maestro Camper Van
                            Maestro 1.3L
                            Fiat 500 Sport 1.3JTD

Comment

Provided you have the original paint formula then the shade can still be mixed up, discontinued or otherwise.
                              M&MOC Committee Member - Archivist
                              Join the M&MOC | Visit the Club Shop | Printable Club Flyer (PDF)

Comment

Originally posted by Simon
                                Provided you have the original paint formula then the shade can still be mixed up, discontinued or otherwise.

What if the microfiche has been chucked away? I'm sure some investigation would solve this one though.

Comment

Working...
                                X