Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G51 NAV
    replied
    Liking you choice of dream garage. No complaints here.

Huge swathes of surviving Crestas seem to be that pink and white colour, though. I know it was a factory option (having been told so by an 'expert') but I'm sure there's proportionally more around like that now than there would have been 50 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post
    she just doesn't get why i'm into Montego's when I have the chance to get back into 1960/70's Ford mk 3 Zodiac's and Vauxhall PB/PC Cresta's that I previously owned.
    I have thought about selling my Turbo a few times but she continues to talk me out of it so can't be all that bad then
    My idea of heaven. Want a garage like this.
    I used to drive these sort of cars and i'd love a 4 car garage

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Just Tanks I think.
    best call rimmers and start Chris's "Bank of Dad" Account back up.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by MG MAL View Post
    Jeff, there is a box of Steering wheels at the barn.

If none suitable, I have one here.

Mal.
    Ta Mal.
    Now have a steering wheel so just got to pick it up sometime
    Just remembered, will need petrol tank straps, you got some there Mal?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Jeff, there is a box of Steering wheels at the barn.

If none suitable, I have one here.

Mal.

Leave a comment:

• maestego
    replied
    im glad chris has got it as i can come round see/have a drive and help if needed as you already know that and see my old baby fixed up my welder is on hand if needed jeff any time within reson

Leave a comment:

• Jumturbo
    replied
    Well done Jeff. Good to see another Monty Turbo saved. None of these remaining cars should be broken otherwise there'll be lost for ever with all the other myths and legends! Looks like my old white, Monty Turbo, albeit a conversion, is also in another pair of good hands. It's a shame Monty Rob has had to sell, but I've been talking to the winning bidder and he's now a registered user on here. What's more he's a mechanic that does welding too! The ideal owner for any Montego. It looks like LOH is safe, just like D155.

Leave a comment:

• chrisl
    replied
    Good stuff Jeff, just after posting i thought that 'easy' life was probably the wrong description, more like 'looked after but enjoyed'...

C

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by chrisl View Post
    Finally this car might have a better / easier life!!

I have only known about this car via the forums but blimey it has been through a few wars, well done to Jeff for taking it on - Andy i hope you have donated some spares for Jeff!!

C
    It won't be back on the road for a long time yet till my son gets back, then we will make a start on it.
    Andy has been very generous with various parts and the only thing we should need is an MG steering wheel as I should have everything else to put it back together in my spares collection or from what Andy has kindly donated.

I will have to remove everything from the interior first to ascertain what needs to be done there but I have a complete interior including door cards, seats and dash. It has no headling material just the cardboard biscuit but thats not a problem as I can do these.
    Under the bonnet looks quite straight forward as it just need a carb, intercooler, various petrol pipes, radiator, water pipes, filter housing pipe and maybe a few other things. I already have these spares.
    I also have a petrol tank and fuel filler pipe to replace what Andy has removed and sold so i'm hoping it just needs the wiring to be sorted and again I have this.
    I will be posting up when we start the re-building but once it's finished I can assure you with my son driving it, it won't have an easy life
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 13th February 2011, 18:46.

Leave a comment:

• chrisl
    replied
    Finally this car might have a better / easier life!!

I have only known about this car via the forums but blimey it has been through a few wars, well done to Jeff for taking it on - Andy i hope you have donated some spares for Jeff!!

C

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    A FRAMES RULE!!!

Leave a comment:

• maestego
    replied
    and there is one more monty to go the countryman....
    just got to shift all the spare's now

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by G51 NAV View Post
    You got a good wife there.
    Been married for 30 years and she just doesn't get why i'm into Montego's when I have the chance to get back into 1960/70's Ford mk 3 Zodiac's and Vauxhall PB/PC Cresta's that I previously owned.
    I have thought about selling my Turbo a few times but she continues to talk me out of it so can't be all that bad then

Leave a comment:

• G51 NAV
    replied
    You got a good wife there.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by G51 NAV View Post
    You frightened the sh*t out me there, thought something had happened to your black MGT.
    No chance, the wife won't let me sell it

Leave a comment:

Working...
X