Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Last bits of the roof completed, new foam attached to the bottom of the tray and all tidied up, also been fixing broken door cards. As all of my good ones are gone now I'm having to fix broken, damaged etc. But not coming out too bad. Started the car up and mucho stale fuel smell so will put another filter on it and clean out the pump, fuel lines, tank and put fresh petrol in it and red ex ..... Eventually as its possible that's the problem

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Measure a lot, cut once, next week will be putting it in..... If I've cut it right. The sunroof opening I will do once it's in
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 7th August 2020, 11:18.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    The main tray, got a bit messy but you don't see the back parts, Its back together now so the main headliner to do next, that'll be fun....not
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 6th August 2020, 15:48.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Also completed the first part of the sunroof lining, not done this type before but came out better than expected, this is the rear tilt part
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 6th August 2020, 15:43.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    more done today, Stainless steel exhaust i had made up in September last year finally on, replacement battery tray and NOS starter motor on, though I did have a few problems with that not working but all done now, Car now starts but doesn't run properly for some reason so that to sort, could be a few things but will look into it at a later date but it does sound much quieter now. Was running perfectly before the bodyshop so not best pleased I have another problem. Also old type Montego sunroof handle fits the Vauxhall Carlton sunroof gearbox one in the car so happy days there and will have to fabricate some sort of backing to it. This is what it should look like so possibly only a backing plate to fabricate at best. Also sorted the rear interior lamps and they're now working correctly
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 7th August 2020, 11:22.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Interior lights now done
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Car is now running again, starter motor wasn't working so I cleaned up all connections and still nothing, put an old one on it that I had and now working, though I will have to buy another as it was a damaged old starter I had kept. Fuel flap cable now attached and all working properly now. Roof interior and sunroof tray all de-rusted and ready to be painted once the rust treatment had gone hard, I've also sealed the gaps from the tray to the roof and waiting for the sealant to go off them will gaffer tape over that as per the dealer, rear seat belts removed as were the cover C pillar trims and I'm putting rear interior lights in it, the wiring is in situ so makes sense to adapt them, the cover trims have been adapted for rear seat belts in the past so no need to replace them. Both front leccy windows now working again, All electrics in the car now working with the exception on the front nearside indicator. As it's not coming up on the display as a bulb failure I'm assuming the bulb monitor isn't working as per my red one but connecting my last spare didn't make any difference so I have that to look at in the future. Exhaust next at it's very loud when running
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 29th July 2020, 12:39.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Headlining found and not a bad match. Looks worse in the pics, I've also sewn the rear part that the stay rod goes into. Just waiting for the high temp spread adhesive to turn up before starting on the sunroof part as I'm not using spray adhesive this time, I will have to glue some parts in the in the car and spray adhesive will be too messy
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 27th July 2020, 13:19.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    GM sunroof and now painted, I know the finish isn't good but you don't see anything so I'm not that fussed. I've also removed the starter motor as it's not working for some reason atm and also removed and re-greased the fuel flap cable so that now works
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 26th July 2020, 12:28.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    More, held on with these clips
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    More and not an easy job
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Sunroof now removed and it is a GM one so I believe I was right in saying it reminds me of a mk2 Vauxhall Carlton sunroof that I used to have.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 26th July 2020, 12:13.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    The sunroof handle tray was glued in with filler. Rear of the tray is gaffer tape painted over. Will have to remove the complete sunroof mechanism, strip it down and replace the sunroof material, then put back together before tackling the replacement headlining
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 24th July 2020, 14:09.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Aftermarket sunroof put in by the dealer when bought with rivets
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Never seen this before, and it had mice
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...