Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Made a start on removing the headlining today. Never seen one like this before, no biscuit, metal bar sewn in, no sunroof surround glued on the sides and seat material. This'll be fun, removing the sunroof next. Reminds me of the Vauxhall Carlton sunroof
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 26th July 2020, 12:19.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    It's extremely disappointing John but have to move on

Leave a comment:

• Doctordiesel77
    replied
    Annoying that they did a good job of the welding work, then spoiled things by creating extra work...

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Turbo View Post

When the car comes back it should be just
    Putting the interior back in
    Headlining
    Adjust the sunroof
    Put exhaust on
    Sort sticking boot and fuel flap
    Big clean up
    MOT with luck
    So yeah next year I should be back to shows with a montego. Haven't done that for a bit. I do normally find some time to work on cars during October-January so hopefully it'll be completed by early 2020. The car does start on the button now and the engine is very smooth and quiet. Then possibly re-starting on my other MG Montego
    In addition
    Attach front splash shields
    Attach front and rear seat belts and interior trim
    Realign front and rear bumpers
    Realign offside doors
    Sort damage to front wings
    Replace battery tray
    Clean interior
    Clean engine bay
    Paint engine
    And much more now that I can't think of
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 23rd July 2020, 13:22.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Roof lining and sunroof I will sort first as that's a job I need to do prior to sorting the interior, seats, carpet, electrics etc as nothing is in the interior and more just left not bolted/screwed in. The list has now grown considerably
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 23rd July 2020, 13:21.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Car hasn't even been washed and a lot of the parts not put back on or left hanging, more work for me then
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    The car has now been returned, and although the welding and sills are extremely good the other parts are not. Damage to both front wings and the mess that's left isn't what I was expecting . Battery is completely flat so the car had to be pushed into the garage
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    As I put the carpet from this car into my red one it's time to clean this one. Took three goes at it to clean it without rubbing the carpet away but drying now as its as clean as its going to get
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 23rd July 2020, 11:11.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Grey plastic cleaning next, while I'm waiting for the car to be delivered later today now as the driver couldn't get away yesterday and I finally told the Mrs I have it, only took near 2 years lol, well not being delivered today, so will get my own driver as i'm being mucked about
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 22nd July 2020, 13:22.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    Passenger seat finished, also painted the adjuster and now ready to put in
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 22nd July 2020, 10:53.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    As the welding etc is all done its on its way back to me tomorrow evening. Cleaned out the garage that I had put many NOS parts in for this car. and now ready to receive, can't wait.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    As Rimmers have a sale on and my last NOS pair went with the sale of my red MG Montego, I bought a pair of these at £2.90 each with my discount to put into the car. A bargain https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-PAM5436RNG

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    In the paint booth, all done now and ready to come back possibly next week. Then the fun begins
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 18th July 2020, 11:53.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    One door to paint, then put the doors and front wings, bumpers back on etc. Then back to me to finish, looking good
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jeff Turbo; 8th July 2020, 13:27.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Turbo
    replied
    I'm not having the whole car painted, just the door that needed welding and all that the bodyshop welded.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X